ooooooooooo

Level via front shackles

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Has anyone gotten there roxor more level by adding front shackles. Thinking Going 1.5. Would love pictures

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That was one of the first changes I made as I hated the look with the nose dropping. I used the Climax 1.5” shackles and it leveled the machine almost perfect. The only thing I didn’t like was it made the front end feel light and seems to make it wander a bit. It’s a cheap fix at about $60 and for me just temporary until I can do a mild lift with better shocks that could also bring it level. Sorry I don’t seem to have any good side shots available and I am away from the garage to take any. I will try and send some during the week if it will help.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Has anyone gotten there roxor more level by adding front shackles. Thinking Going 1.5. Would love pictures
You've heard of climax off-road, right?

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That was one of the first changes I made as I hated the look with the nose dropping. I used the Climax 1.5” shackles and it leveled the machine almost perfect. The only thing I didn’t like was it made the front end feel light and seems to make it wander a bit. It’s a cheap fix at about $60 and for me just temporary until I can do a mild lift with better shocks that could also bring it level. Sorry I don’t seem to have any good side shots available and I am away from the garage to take any. I will try and send some during the week if it will help.
when you do a shackle lift, you are changing both pinion angle and caster angle. your caster angle is way off causing the steering to be light and wondering.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
when you do a shackle lift, you are changing both pinion angle and caster angle. your caster angle is way off causing the steering to be light and wondering.
So the easy level isn't worth it or how do u correct the added issue

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
CJ2ROX: Take a look at the add a leaf posts on this board. (Haerterich had the first posts out).
The add a leaf will not change the steering geometry and add about 1.5 inches at the axle (I measured 2" difference at the front bumper before and after adding the leaf).
I did not notice that the add a leaf made the suspension stiffer.
My roxor is stable at 65mph on the highway.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
@Max A. Has addressed all this information, but the info is scattered. He sells climax lift shackles through diesel freak and a couple other retailers.

To correct the added issue all you have to do is adjust a nut. Can't remember what it's called because I'm more accustomed to IFS rigs. It's super easy.

I'd recommend reading through his build thread and pretty well every thread he has commented on. If he's there, someone's getting questions answered.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The shackles are made specifically to the limit of what is well within street-able caster angle. I made several sets to find the right length.

You will feel zero difference on the street unless you add them in combination with some other lift. I know plenty of people run it with the add a leaf with no issues. However I have done no personal testing on any roxor other then one with stock springs.

You can take your roxor to the alignment shop and they will tell you it is well within spec with the shackles. I would not put my name on something I thought to be unsafe.

Also... don’t forget this is a leaf sprung vehicle. Your caster angle will change as the suspension cycles. There is no static caster angle number on a leaf spring vehicle. Hell Scouts came front the factory with zero caster.

Feel free to give me a call or a msg if you want to chat.

Cheers,
Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You would need to install a degree shim. However when add a degree shim you also loss a little of the added lift. All in all the add a leaf is the easiest way to get some lift without changing or adding other components. Search for the thread "Lift options" good info .

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That is correct. If you need to correct your caster or pinion angle you can do so with a shim. I highly suggest spending the money on steel shims. Aluminum shims deteriorate over time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That is correct. If you need to correct your caster or pinion angle you can do so with a shim. I highly suggest spending the money on steel shims. Aluminum shims deteriorate over time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
100% correct, do not use aluminum shims!

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You would need to install a degree shim. However when add a degree shim you also loss a little of the added lift. All in all the add a leaf is the easiest way to get some lift without changing or adding other components. Search for the thread "Lift options" good info .
What about the 2.5 Rough country level kit?

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's what I installed and have been very satisfied with it. I mainly use my Roxor around the house though.
I just ordered it. Did u do anything with shocks? Mine will just be fun with family and trail rides. Not planning on ever getting crazy.

adam8504

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
would a 2 inch shackle be too much seems like it would level out a little more and when you add the shim it would kind of cancel out ?

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
would a 2 inch shackle be too much seems like it would level out a little more and when you add the shim it would kind of cancel out ?
I did the rough country kit and it looks great. It comes with extenders for where leaf mounts to rear attachment. No shim needed.

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If I put in a shim does the fat end go to the front or the back? Combine with the shackle lift?
does the shackle kit soften the ride?