ooooooooooo

Front leveling springs

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Does anyone have any information on leveling springs for the front of our Roxors? Not too keen on the shackle reversal leveling but looking for replacement springs.

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have been asking this question for quite a while myself????????????????????????

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have not seen any actual springs. Shackle reversal, and shackle lift, is a bad approach IMO.

Bill Patridge

Founding Member
I've talked to Rusty Megois, at Rusty's Off Road about this and he's trying to put his hands on one to develop the lift stuff, bumpers, etc

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Where's Rusty out of? I have a huge soft spot for XJs and he is a nice supplier of unique parts for them.

Bill Patridge

Founding Member
Rusty's Off Road is in Rainbow City, Al....Northeast Alabama.....been doing Jeep stuff since the 70's..check out his site

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
anyone offering a small body lift? ---say around 11/2 to 2 inch body lift? that might be helpful for tire clearances and articulations ,

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
anyone offering a small body lift? ---say around 11/2 to 2 inch body lift? that might be helpful for tire clearances and articulations ,

The issue is the significant front rake, not so much tire clearance (specially in the rear). OTR fixes this with a shackle lift, and while effective at solving the core problem, isn't the approach some of us wanna take. A body lift won't improve the rake either unless you only body lift the front, but I think that would have adverse body structure effects over time.

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The issue is the significant front rake, not so much tire clearance (specially in the rear). OTR fixes this with a shackle lift, and while effective at solving the core problem, isn't the approach some of us wanna take. A body lift won't improve the rake either unless you only body lift the front, but I think that would have adverse body structure effects over time.
My main desire is for the front leveling springs due to 1. Rake and 2. Low oil pan. I have the armor from on the rox but would still feel a little more comfortable with a bit more clearance.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My main desire is for the front leveling springs due to 1. Rake and 2. Low oil pan. I have the armor from on the rox but would still feel a little more comfortable with a bit more clearance.

I'd like some ~33s, but otherwise, yeah, I wanna get some room under that pan and clutch linkage.

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
taller tires would give more clearance and is why I like the idea of a small body lift--but also like a 2-4in suspension lift. The combo of a 11/2in body lift and 2 1/2in suspension lift would be interesting to me. I agree will others, clearance is the goal, which involves taller tires. The body lift would be easy & low cost, and would aid in tire clearance.

Rolandwanders

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Suspension over axle, that'd give us both the lift and articulation necessary to fit 33s comfortably. There are tons of cj7 SOA kits out there, just need one of those shops to custom one for the Roxor. Who wants to be first to market?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What we used to do in the TJ world was 1.25” body lift along with a motor mount lift and a tummy tuck. That would be awesome on the Roxor. Get that low slung oil pan up out of the way.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Suspension over axle, that'd give us both the lift and articulation necessary to fit 33s comfortably. There are tons of cj7 SOA kits out there, just need one of those shops to custom one for the Roxor. Who wants to be first to market?

SOA setups, unless rather expensive, tends to result in sketchy steering. On this platform, the easiest way to retain OEM quality ride, handling, steering, and most importantly emergency stopping ability, while running 33s is a mild spring lift in front. As quickshot noted, a body lift will help run 33s, but it wont help the pan/linkage (other than the increase from the tire itself - no clearence gain from the lift).

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What we used to do in the TJ world was 1.25” body lift along with a motor mount lift and a tummy tuck. That would be awesome on the Roxor. Get that low slung oil pan up out of the way.

TJs flex really well stock but they are also really expensive to lift well due to running out of decent geometry around 2.5" lift.

Also, the Roxor has MUCH better axles than the TJ lol (I do also own a TJ btw)

Last edited:

Rolandwanders

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SOA setups, unless rather expensive, tends to result in sketchy steering. On this platform, the easiest way to retain OEM quality ride, handling, steering, and most importantly emergency stopping ability, while running 33s is a mild spring lift in front. As quickshot noted, a body lift will help run 33s, but it wont help the pan/linkage (other than the increase from the tire itself - no clearence gain from the lift).
What's the difference between a spring lift and just adding a leaf or two to the front?

General

Founding Member
What's the difference between a spring lift and just adding a leaf or two to the front?
Those two methods are pretty similar. The "Add A Leaf" method is usually cheaper, but a little more work to insert the new leaf into the original leaf pack. Buying a new pack of springs is generally better design, longer life, better performance, less work, but more expensive. There are a few local companies around the USA who will sell you an individual leaf today, but personally I'm waiting for one of the standard big companies to offer a new leaf pack specifically designed for the Roxor.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Those two methods are pretty similar. The "Add A Leaf" method is usually cheaper, but a little more work to insert the new leaf into the original leaf pack. Buying a new pack of springs is generally better design, longer life, better performance, less work, but more expensive. There are a few local companies around the USA who will sell you an individual leaf today, but personally I'm waiting for one of the standard big companies to offer a new leaf pack specifically designed for the Roxor.

Coudn't have said it any better myself.