ooooooooooo

Just checking in...

Variable556

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Another new member. I’m from WV, own a ‘14 JKUR, and am interested in the Roxor.

My Rubicon is my daily driver, but this new Roxor has got my attention for sure. I’m specifically interested in the diesel engine, price, simplicity, and the possibility of making one road legal. I’d love to have a simple work vehicle (26 mile commute mostly on 2 lane road) that gets 32mpg, won’t cost a fortune to fix if something breaks, and has less to break to begin with.lol

Plus it just looks fun!

Variable556

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Definitely. When the electronic sway bar disconnect on my Rubi got water in it— the dealership wanted $3,363.04 to fix it.:eek::ROFLMAO:

Finding it was a frequent problem on Rubis, and sometimes occured 3 or more times, I installed a $100 manual disconnect and bought a $170 programmer just to turn off the computer messages about it.:rolleyes:

I’d much rather have simple, and I really miss having a diesel engine.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My last real Jeep was new in 76,a CJ7 6. It had problems , gearing with the 6 was not so good for long distance highways, and we lived in Chicago, so it was 300 miles to the woods ! I sold it for aToyota p/u with an early 4x4 set up. It was great on back roads, more comfort on that 300 mi. to the woods , all was well until I moved to Fl.and found out it could not pull a loaded trailer on the Interstate with the little 4 banger. I had to buy a trailer hitch w/ air shocks for the 76 Lincoln Cont. 2 door, big block the wife was driving. ....a few years later when the Wrangler came out we test drove one, wow , this was no Jeep ,!.......Things change, I went back to Old CJ , built a FC150, stuff like that. 4 years ago in a weak moment I traded in my MKT Lincoln for a four door Wrangler V6. , also not a real Jeep, I had to pay Chev dealer 2,000 to wholesale it, no one wanted it, or had the 39,000 to buy it, it was not a Rubacon.......

Variable556

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I like mine, but the price I paid for what I got was way too high in my opinion. I’d have been happier for something simpler with less to break.lol. The cost savings alone would replace the whole vehicle.:ROFLMAO:

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The overall cost of a loaded ( the only way they seem to come ) Jeep was my big complaint as well. Those thoughts seem to be universal , again like everything else these days. I remember the CJ7 as an affordable buy, I wrote a check for 70 per cent of the purchase price !

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
IMO if Jeep made a $18k real strippo strippo Wrangler (manual, bed lined, one gauge, flat dash, no rear seat, etc - aka a real competitor to the Roxor), this forum wouldn't be here right now.

visbeenk

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
IMO if Jeep made a $18k real strippo strippo Wrangler (manual, bed lined, one gauge, flat dash, no rear seat, etc - aka a real competitor to the ROXOR), this forum wouldn't be here right now.
I totally agree!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Instead you gotta fiddle around on the site for a while to get one barely below $30k..

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
IMO if Jeep made a $18k real strippo strippo Wrangler (manual, bed lined, one gauge, flat dash, no rear seat, etc - aka a real competitor to the ROXOR), this forum wouldn't be here right now.

I can not agree with that......the real problem is the Wrangler is NOT a Jeep. It’s too big, especially width. I know my 4 door was uncomfortable on the trails , . They were made to replace the CJ with the thought most people never drive their 4x4 off pavement.. 61 inches is about the max for UTV trails , especially in places with heavy wooded terrain. The desert , not so much. I want to “feel” the ground under me , not fly over everything like a common UTV side by side , wearing a hot uncomfortable helmet , Heat is the other factor, the high hp UTV runs so hot that everything in the cab is too hot to touch. Yes , the Wrangler would fit the comfort, noise , and heat control....but at what cost ?

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I know I feel really bad for Fiat Chrysler right now, they can see this sweet little Basic diesel machine eating up a lot of their profits Wa wa! I totally agree that if they offered a stripped down version for around the same price then this forum would not be here right now and you could forget about the diesel in the US. What can I say typical money hungry US operations imagine that.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What can I say typical money hungry US operations imagine that.

I think big banks/corps, big media, and hypocrite enviro-nazis are like circling vultures around the victims of the US auto-industry. I certainly don't think it's just one group creating the quagmire. LOTS of dirty hands in that cookie jar. Somehow they've convinced people that never owning something is the approved path, and that path will soemhow make things cheaper.. not sure how people fell for that, but here we are.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It’s still all about marketing ,the Auto giants did not get so big by catering to the few offbeat car nuts as many of us can be labeled. Yes there were exceptions but for the most part it came out of a mistake , bad marketing. Sales drives what we buy , always has been that way, since the model T and others. Marketing tells us what we want it’s as simple as that , they create a market that we never knew existed. Remember the days when all the rage was bigger, wider , longer and sometimes faster? Much easier to measure tail fins , the winner of coarse was the taller fined cars got the edge , so , next year or so they all got aboard until the day we stood back and looked at the ugly winners, and wondered why........