ooooooooooo

New 2024 Roxor HD Base Owner in TN

GoRiver Tom

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
After looking at Roxor for a few years, I have taken the plunge and purchased a '24 Roxor HD in green from Red Dirt Tractors in LA. They had an outstanding price and can deliver anywhere in the USA.

I wrestled with getting a used Roxor that could be tuned, or was tuned. However, I felt the price of the new one was too hard to pass up. Old Roxors hold their value for sure. Wade at Diesel Freaks mentioned they are actively working on a tune for the 2.7 so hopefully it will be available soon. In the meantime, I plan to add a few accessories like full metal roof, turn signals, bumpers, side steps, and tires.

The Roxor will replace two Kubota UTV I use at my farm property in TN. The Side Kick and RTV 1140 have been good machines but I think the Roxor will be a better fit. It is like having the speed of the gas powered Side Kick with the grunt of the Diesel powered 1140. Not to mention, I would like to register it so I can make a quick run into to town when the weather permits.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Congrats, it looks like you got the perfect machine for you needs/wants! Great choice, post a Pic of it.

GoRiver Tom

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here are some pics from Karly at Red Dirt Tractors. I am happy to have the green color Roxor but I have not seen it in person.
green roxor base.jpg
green roxor base 1.jpg

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Here are some pics from Karly at Red Dirt Tractors. I am happy to have the green color Roxor but I have not seen it in person.
View attachment 13308View attachment 13309
I think you’ll be happy. I’ve got a 2018 and I got a 23 in January, they were trying to get rid of them so I got a great deal, but both mine are black, after seeing your pictures, I wish I had a green one. The big differences between the two that are noticeable are the gear ratio of the differentials and the front end. The 23’s hood goes to the edge of the fenders, makes it seem bigger, taller, and I have the stage 1 tune on my 18, but with the 5.38s in the 23, it’s just as peppy as my 18, I just use gears 2-5 instead of 1-4. I think you’ll be very happy. The only complaint I have with the 23 is the speedometer/display, it’s great in my garage, but outside it’s almost impossible to see if it’s sunny. I only have a bikini top, but I’m thinking the low angle of the sun may be part of the problem, hopefully it’ll get better as the year goes on

GoRiver Tom

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am excited about the Roxor. Most of my equipment has Diesel engines and I appreciate the simple, rugged design of the Roxor. The aftermarket parts for Roxors keeps getting better too. It will be fun to modify my Rox. I have enjoyed talking with Wade at Diesel Freaks about the Roxor. He is an absolute expert on these machines. I kinda like the fact that I will get to use the Roxor in stock form before adding any parts. I think I will enjoy the upgrades more than if I would have added them direct from the dealer. Working on equipment can sometimes be a bummer when something breaks and there is a lot of other work to do. However, there is no better way to really know a machine than to fix it yourself.

GoRiver Tom

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have decided to send my new Roxor to Wade at Diesel Freaks to install some aftermarket accessories. I would love to do the work on my Roxor but my homestead site where I plan to use the Roxor does not currently have a shop. I am building a pad for the new shop so that is keeping me pretty busy. I am grateful to Wade and the team at Diesel Freaks for working my Roxor into their schedule. I can't wait to get it back to TN and put it to work.
IMG_5110.jpeg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I recommend that you upgrade the tires as soon as you can. My 2023 HD came with Goodyear Wrangler Workhorse AT tires. While using it at my ranch last week, my wife drove it over a section I had just finished brush cutting and promptly drove a stob thru the tire shoulder. After I got back home I did some research and those tires are 4 ply equivalent with a load index of 106 (load range SL). Further research turned up a Goodyear Wrangler with Kevlar belts available with a load index of 115 (load range E) which is a 10 ply equivalent. 10 ply equivalent with some Kevlar should make a huge difference in puncture resistance, especially on the vulnerable side walls and shoulders. A puncture in the tread is not a problem as I run Gempler's Ultra Seal Extreme in all of my ranch tires, and it does an excellent job of sealing tread punctures, and I can always pop a plug into the tread, if needed.

GoRiver Tom

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I recommend that you upgrade the tires as soon as you can. My 2023 HD came with Goodyear Wrangler Workhorse AT tires. While using it at my ranch last week, my wife drove it over a section I had just finished brush cutting and promptly drove a stob thru the tire shoulder. After I got back home I did some research and those tires are 4 ply equivalent with a load index of 106 (load range SL). Further research turned up a Goodyear Wrangler with Kevlar belts available with a load index of 115 (load range E) which is a 10 ply equivalent. 10 ply equivalent with some Kevlar should make a huge difference in puncture resistance, especially on the vulnerable side walls and shoulders. A puncture in the tread is not a problem as I run Gempler's Ultra Seal Extreme in all of my ranch tires, and it does an excellent job of sealing tread punctures, and I can always pop a plug into the tread, if needed.
I agree with you Hummingbird. I have ordered a set of Goodyear Duratrac 265/75/16 tires for my Roxor. Diesel Freaks has used this tire on some of their other builds and it seems to be a good option. They are larger without being too big. They do take a wheel spacer to help with the clearance and I am adding the front shackle lift to level the body. It should have a nice stance when everything is installed.

GoRiver Tom

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The team at Diesel Freaks is getting my new Rox setup right! It has been great to work with Wade and his team. They are experts in anything to do with Roxors and I cannot recommend them enough.

IMG_5300.jpg
IMG_5299.jpg
IMG_5301.jpg

Last edited:

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Those fender extenders look great - It's like a different machine !

GoRiver Tom

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My Roxor was delivered today by Diesel Freaks. I could not be more happy with the results. I think it will be a great vehicle to use at my farm here in TN. The Roxor is registered as an “Off Highway Vehicle“ so I can drive most places around here if I need to run to town.
IMG_1461.jpeg
IMG_1458.jpeg
IMG_1457.jpeg
IMG_1459.jpeg

GoRiver Tom

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A few pics from last night when I tested the light bars. They throw out some serious light.
IMG_1471.jpeg
IMG_1469.jpeg
IMG_1467.jpeg

bigorangeice

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
That is awesome and very similar to how I would want one built out. Would you mind sharing about how much you have in it all told? Congrats on the new machine from a fellow Tennessean!

GoRiver Tom

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That is awesome and very similar to how I would want one built out. Would you mind sharing about how much you have in it all told? Congrats on the new machine from a fellow Tennessean!
Thanks Big Orange! I am excited to have my Roxor here in TN. I sold a 2023 Kubota 1140 UTV to help offset the cost of the Roxor. I have tried not keep track of what I‘ve spent on the machines because I am sure it would be more than I thought. I wish I would have bought a Roxor to start with. My guess is I have about $28K or so into it. $18K for the machine and $10K in aftermarket items. I cannot say enough good things about Red Dirt Tractors in LA where I bought the Roxor or Diesel Freaks where the aftermarket parts were installed. Wade at Diesel Freaks is very, very knowledgeable about Roxors and he is a great guy to deal with.

Last edited:

bigorangeice

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks for the info! I also have a sidekick that is great for my property, but would love a roxor, as a lot of the trails aren't really suited for a modern jeep. I'd love to sell my can am x3 to offset a roxor purchase, but that would be an unpopular decision with my kids.

GoRiver Tom

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am debating whether I will keep my Kubota SideKick now that I have my Roxor. The Roxor is definitely a better on road vehicle than the SideKick. However, the SideKick is hand like having a golfcart to get around for maintenance. I am fortunate to have both for now.