ooooooooooo

I'm having troubles with my stock battery that my Roxor came with.

mdsroxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Has anyone else had trouble with their new stock battery holding a charge to start/crank over the new Roxor. I did add a light bar, made it street legal and wench. Wondering if their is something drawing on my battery or are the factory batteries just cheap? Anyone else having these problems?

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you are using the regular battery with the winch, it might cause it to fail due to the amp draw. I just replaced mine with an AGM for that reason.

CLN

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Has anyone else had trouble with their new stock battery holding a charge to start/crank over the new Roxor. I did add a light bar, made it street legal and wench. Wondering if their is something drawing on my battery or are the factory batteries just cheap? Anyone else having these problems?
First check your battery voltage using a multi meter. (cheap but effective units avail at walmart - harbor freight etc) Each cell has a max capacity of 2.2 volts per cell, 2.2 x 6 = 13.2 volts max on a perfect battery. Usually any thing reading above 12 volts is acceptable If after trickle charging your battery reads below 12 volts you probably have a deteriorating cell. Lower than 10 volts it's probably a dead cell and toast. Batteries are fickle critters and can easily fail due to sulfation, plate warping or defective separation material between plates. Consumer reports actually rates the MAX START batteries sold at Walmart as one of the best performing batteries available at any price. However if your concerned about excessive vibration damage due to extreme off road use you might consider a GEL battery (big $$).
Next check your alternator out put per Mahindra specs. Some auto parts stores will provide these services to diagnose your issue free of charge.

Satex

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
What could your wench do to drain your Roxor battery? I understand how an active wench could drain "your battery.";))

KROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi this is KROX from OKC. My roxor battery was bad from the start. It would start the engine but the check engine light stayed on. Dealer gave me a new Interstate battery. Problem is gone.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The stock battery is as basic as you can get. I changed mine to a AGM. No more problems.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi this is KROX from OKC. My roxor battery was bad from the start. It would start the engine but the check engine light stayed on. Dealer gave me a new Interstate battery. Problem is gone.
Same thing mine did, dealer replace it also.