ooooooooooo

Battery terminal recommendations?

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey, I'm installing a winch today and I don't see a good way to get the battery cables hooked up to the battery with the stock battery wire terminals. Usually in this case I'd mount a remote battery terminal first positive and negative.

Wondering if anybody else has a better idea

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey, I'm installing a winch today and I don't see a good way to get the battery cables hooked up to the battery with the stock battery wire terminals. Usually in this case I'd mount a remote battery terminal first positive and negative.

Wondering if anybody else has a better idea
I upgraded the battery to an agm with both top posts and side posts. used top posts for Roxor cables and put the winch on the side posts. If you haven’t upgraded the alternator then an upgraded battery will definitely help things when you have to winch hard. both would be even better.

Roxoriver

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My 18 and 20 models both have threaded studs sticking up vertically from the stock battery terminals for add on accessories to get power. This is where the winch power cables are supposed to attach. Does yours have the studs?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine has those studs as well but I didn’t trust the thinness of the terminal to stand up to the abuse that a winch under load could bring.

Roxoriver

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This is where the factory connects winches. Perhaps there could be a potential problem in extreme conditions. I installed a winch on my 20 model exactly like the 18 model came factory. No worries here...

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My 18 and 20 models both have threaded studs sticking up vertically from the stock battery terminals for add on accessories to get power. This is where the winch power cables are supposed to attach. Does yours have the studs?
That's what I've used for now, but the metal seems rather thin, susceptible to a meltdown.

Thanks for all the replies everybody

whiteroxorssr

I have a 2018 Roxor that gets used daily on our farm. The starter began to act up so I checked the battery terminals. They were almost completely burnt through. I would recommend everyone to replace them if you haven't done so yet.