ooooooooooo

Hardtops?

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Check around. There are ways to keep dissimilar metals from contacting. Tape products? We had issues with stainless and aluminum used in dog boxes. But there is product available to mitigate corrosion.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Check around. There are ways to keep dissimilar metals from contacting. Tape products? We had issues with stainless and aluminum used in dog boxes. But there is product available to mitigate corrosion.
Stainless and aluminum are very compatible, depends on the application and the grade of stainless. .....and yes , insulating products are available. Fact is , the big deal with alum and steel was welding properties. Now days there are glue/ fusing products that will attach just about anything. I had some experience in this area repairing a cab on a 2015 Jeep Wrangler when a tree fell on it !

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Actually I was more interested in the welding part of your fab. The OTR aluminum doors are heavy enough gague they do not need any reinforcing. Just a sheet and 2 hinges. Their roof is the same way as is the windshield frame....Tis most about bending........ your project looks impressive, any windows planed ?

Fallacy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ll be using a pair of RV windows on the sides in back, the doors will have sliding half windows, in the back I will put a fixed window in the tailgate.
Made a good bit of progress today on the doors, there are 3-1/4” pins to maintain alignment and 2 toggle clamps hold the halves together, it’s looking to be working out very well, very solid.

6BA6D29B-020E-4ACA-92D7-A14A626B1E42.jpeg

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Have you considered the mating of the upper door removable section , off set extrusion , flush mount weather strip. Formed aluminum curved set....... ideal would seem to me an overlap of upper door section.

Fallacy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It was considered, the proper extrusion and labor got me going the direction I went.
I’ll have a flat seal between the halves bonded to the upper panel, thin and firm for stability. They mesh up pretty well and there is very little gap.

Last edited:

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Those doors are looking great. I would love to have a set like this for the winter months. Keep posting pics!

Fallacy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Haven’t given up yet, it’s been a slow process but I’m gaining on it. All the windows are ordered and getting cut. Pleased with how it’s all coming together.
B748F0D8-4507-4EDF-8FF8-EAAAD12B87CA.jpeg

Jarhead

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I need a hard top and have been looking at lots of options. Prices are way too high. $5500 for a metal cab! There is a business, www.rallytops.com that makes and sells fiberglass Jeep, Samari, Kia, Toyota, etc tops. Jeep tops run about $2000. I sent them an e mail and they have no plans to sell a Roxor top. I wonder if its just because they haven't heard about Roxor. Since thousands of Roxors are being sold and they all come topless compared to most Jeeps coming with hard tops. I don't think they realize the market potential. I know they would have to make a mold to build the Roxor top, but if they sell a hard top for $2000, it should be a top seller. Maybe if more people contact them and express an interest they would build a fiberglass top?

Tokarev

I need a hard top and have been looking at lots of options. Prices are way too high. $5500 for a metal cab! There is a business, www.rallytops.com that makes and sells fiberglass Jeep, Samari, Kia, Toyota, etc tops. Jeep tops run about $2000. I sent them an e mail and they have no plans to sell a Roxor top. I wonder if its just because they haven't heard about Roxor. Since thousands of Roxors are being sold and they all come topless compared to most Jeeps coming with hard tops. I don't think they realize the market potential. I know they would have to make a mold to build the Roxor top, but if they sell a hard top for $2000, it should be a top seller. Maybe if more people contact them and express an interest they would build a fiberglass top?
That would be a great option. Cost effective and proper appearance.

It will probably take someone like Quadratech ordering a batch of these to make it happen.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The Rally Tops look real good but... seems they only make tops for models that came from the factory with a top. The Roxor is a special problem because of the roll bar and lack of a proper windshield with a door jamb.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor has really screwed the pooch by not offering a decent windshield frame ready to accept doors, tops, etc.

B

Bister

Roxor has really screwed the pooch by not offering a decent windshield frame ready to accept doors, tops, etc.
These pics came out of SEMA. I don’t know if it will come to fruition, but this is the OEM windshield and roof.
A3EC0C79-DDDB-402F-960F-6D5446F0422F.jpeg4E027AEE-59CA-4134-9B6E-EDDA82EDC77B.jpegD6A95E7E-80C7-408E-8D70-CE02BFDC77D0.jpegC1B4A912-36BA-416B-A7D1-27335EE2FEE9.jpeg9CE0E802-C789-4F87-A555-CA356D5119F2.jpeg0E7BA8A8-796E-4648-804D-F0A47E3F8773.jpeg

Jarhead

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If you can’t find what you want.......make one yourself. ,!
I've got the plasma cutter and welder out and working on plans now. Installed a On the Rox windshield frame and just finished building a winch mount and installing a 9000lb Badlands winch. For the time and money I supplies I don't think I would go wrong in buying a premade fiberglass top for $2000 if it was available. So I am going to build a metal top.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I've got the plasma cutter and welder out and working on plans now. Installed a On the Rox windshield frame and just finished building a winch mount and installing a 9000lb Badlands winch. For the time and money I supplies I don't think I would go wrong in buying a premade fiberglass top for $2000 if it was available. So I am going to build a metal top.
Good for you. I like my OTR aluminum top, which I painted body color ( 565.00 ) I also have their windshield, half doors. They have no plans for an upper half door. Come spring I will start building an aluminum 2 pc. Set up, including frame and upper window door.section.