ooooooooooo

Hardcab - as anyone installed one on their ROXOR?

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looks nice, I just ordered a hardcab from Dirt Legal today. If you use code ROXORMC when you order stuff this month from Dirt Legal you will get 5 percent off. Will probably have a set of premium doors and glass windshield to sell when I get my hardcab on.
Sounds like a great deal. My dealership installed it for free.

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No I ordered from Trader Hank in the US. Free shipping in the US.
I have a shipping adress in NY and I drive over and bring it back. Fill the paperwork and pay GST only which I get back anyway.

Who did you order the Hardcab from to get it to Canada? Is there a distributor here?

B

Bister

No I ordered from Trader Hank in the US. Free shipping in the US.
I have a shipping adress in NY and I drive over and bring it back. Fill the paperwork and pay GST only which I get back anyway.
Yeah, we can do that here also. There are a few places along the border that will receive stuff for folks. They charge a few bucks to do it, nothing major. Trouble is that the border is 3 hours away, but major stuff is worth it. My nephew lives 10 minutes away from the border and then I get it when he comes up this way, but I hate bothering him.

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Finally got around to start installing my HARDCAB. Got around to install the windshield, I started pealing the covering from the windshield I saw that it was cracked in shipping. Was able to reinstall my Mahindra windshield until I get a replacement. Still need to install the doors.
I bought the pickup ROPS kit to remove the angle tubing, I think it looks like a small pickup which I like better.

IMG_0889.jpg IMG_0890.jpg IMG_0891.jpg IMG_0892.jpg

B

Bister

Finally got around to start installing my HARDCAB. Got around to install the windshield, I started pealing the covering from the windshield I saw that it was cracked in shipping. Was able to reinstall my Mahindra windshield until I get a replacement. Still need to install the doors.
I bought the pickup ROPS kit to remove the angle tubing, I think it looks like a small pickup which I like better.

View attachment 4995View attachment 4996View attachment 4997View attachment 4998
Looking good. Sucks about the glass. Does the shipper or carrier cover that or is that going to be out of your pocket?

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

View attachment 4995View attachment 4996View attachment 4997View attachment 4998
I have the hard cab as well but kept the old ROPS

B

Bister

I have the hard cab as well but kept the old ROPS

How bad does that door catch stick out? It scares me. I think when I am dressed in bulky winter cloths that I'd be catching it every time I get in and out and would end up with ripped clothes, a very sore hip and a bad attitude. lol

I like the cab, but I like the bigger door on the OEM cab, but just can't justify spending the money they want. Also, the fact the Hard Cab is removable VS the OEM, once it is on there, it is permanent.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How bad does that door catch stick out? It scares me. I think when I am dressed in bulky winter cloths that I'd be catching it every time I get in and out and would end up with ripped clothes, a very sore hip and a bad attitude. lol

I like the cab, but I like the bigger door on the OEM cab, but just can't justify spending the money they want. Also, the fact the Hard Cab is removable VS the OEM, once it is on there, it is permanent.
To be honest I have only see pictures of my Roxor since I have owned it front he pictures it looks like a nice tight fit. Been waiting for the new vin and the title to arrive before I get it out of Michigan. I was told by the state that both will be coming in next week. As soon as it comes in will look for a flight to Marquette Michigan to pick it up and let you know.

sandyx

Founding Member
How bad does that door catch stick out? It scares me. .

By door catch, do you mean door handle? If so, it's a flush part in hardcabs from what I saw on abiez videos.

B

Bister

By door catch, do you mean door handle? If so, it's a flush part in hardcabs from what I saw on abiez videos.
No, the piece it latches to on the Roxor, it sticks out about 2-3" hip high.

I really like the cab, but I find the door opening small. I really like the way the OEM door is set back above the body line, I think it gives a much more open feeling when you have the door removed. With the Hardcab, they way the door goes straight up, it is kind of restrictive I think. I'm 6" tall but not a big guy other wise. If your over 6' and a bigger person with bulky winter clothes on, you might find the door a bit small and that latch catching your bulky winter clothes (remember I'm in Saskatchewan and use this thing is all weather). I like the door on the OEM cab, but I like the rest of this cab better I think. At least this cab can be removed if you want.

Maybe someone will come up with the best of both. lol. It won't be this year that I'd be getting one anyway and then when I do, I have to find a dealer for any cab I decide on close to the US border, then make trip to get it. Only OEM ships to Canada and I won't be getting that one for sure, due to it being permanent once installed and the price is crazy.

IMG_7934.jpg

Fallacy has the right idea with his door.

F371EC64-6A7C-4359-A7B9-1BD8F2E60945.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Got the Hardcab installed on the Roxor in the last few weeks. Fit and finish is pretty good but the doors needs a bit of time to adjust right for good closing finish. As Blister was saying, I which the doors were bigger or that latch was not were it is as its very easy to hit it when boarding if you dont know about it.
Windshield was cracked in shipping. Hardcab sent #2 which came cracked also. #3 was sent the wrong windshield. Waiting on #4 and I can say Hardcab have quality control issues but customer service is pretty good. Im waiting to install the wiper until I get the proper windshield.
Mirrors needs to be installed also as my OTR heater.

IMG_3335.JPG

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Blister that door catch is a pain, im used to it after you hit it you remember but new passengers dont like it after they get hurt by it.
I will see when I get time if I can modify its location.

alagree1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
ooo647
Here is my hardcab with lightbar installed. The DFK hardcab really makes a difference riding around much better. I got the windows tinted on the back and sides with ceramic tint I like the way it looks and helps block sun in summer. Also had a tonneau cover made for the back by a local upholstery guy.

lightbar.jpg

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I built mine. Have about a grand into it. used a cj windshield with wipers and made suicide doors. Nice to just lie them back when needing some cool air. Pulling the hinge pins just takes a few seconds and they are off.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just got this from Rally Tops
Hi Nate,
We are almost done with the 4 passenger model. The top and doors will be $3195 plus shipping.
Thanks,
Jerry

F53066C1-F6AF-448D-A3F6-BF1EFFCF2484.jpeg 77BA645E-F8D1-4985-8B45-8C43852F5D4C.jpeg 593E69CD-F37F-44C4-AD1B-40822DD7BD9B.png