ooooooooooo

hard tops

gpfred

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
needing to put a hard top on my roxor --- whats do you guys have and pros and cons

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Used strictly as a work machine, I needed something I could stand on for use here on the farm. I built my own out of plywood in 2 stages in order to put a slant on the front. I used slightly raised sides so the rain wouldn't run off as rapidly and be channeled to the front and back instead of straight down. DJ clamps were used as well as thick plywood and herculiner as a finish. I'll post a picture later today. At most, it was less than $100 and is tough as nails.

edit to add picture :

KIMG0185 (1).jpg

Last edited:

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I purchased the hardtop brand. They make a half cab, like the Jeep scrambler, like the mahindra one, and they just came out with a full size hard top. The scrambler style is modular, so I’ve been installing it section by section myself. The windshield tips out, just like the old CJs did in the 40s-50s. I’m very impressed with it. I already had a heater, but you can get a heater/air conditioner with it if you want. Considerably less expensive than the mahindra top also. Plus they deliver it to your house

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Used strictly as a work machine, I needed something I could stand on for use here on the farm. I built my own out of plywood in 2 stages in order to put a slant on the front. I used slightly raised sides so the rain wouldn't run off as rapidly and be channeled to the front and back instead of straight down. DJ clamps were used as well as thick plywood and herculiner as a finish. I'll post a picture later today. At most, it was less than $100 and is tough as nails.

edit to add picture :

View attachment 4593
Very cool picture

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you Roxasuras. The bedliner coating is holding up great too. :)