ooooooooooo

Front end bearing issues

BackwoodsBoggers

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey guys, I have 2018 roxor with just under 1600 miles. I’ve installed the 5” spring over lift an running 36” terms around 1100 miles! My issue with wheel bearings started prior to the lift an tires but anyway as mentioned roxor has 1600miles an as of right now I’m going on my 4th set of bearings an seals. I’d like to know if anyone else has had a similar issue, to the point that I think I may have a bent axle! Any comments would be appreciated
Also debating on going with upgraded axles front an rear an switching to 4.56 nitro gear package!

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Torque King 4x4 sells a bearing kit and new seals. I think they did a YouTube video also on what they've upgraded.

BackwoodsBoggers

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I appreciate it, I’ll look into it. did a fluid change this morning first one on since buying the buggy
(transmission, transfer case and rear) an so far everything aside from the rear end had water! So now I’m thinking instead of an axle issue it very well may be as simple as water coming in the vent tubes

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Let me know how that turns out. I've been thinking of relocating and lengthening the vent tubes and I don't even live near much water!

BackwoodsBoggers

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
will do, found a kit on dirt legal for $90. Believe I’m going to do another bearing and seal change then the longer vent lines an see if that fixes the problem

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
will do, found a kit on dirt legal for $90. Believe I’m going to do another bearing and seal change then the longer vent lines an see if that fixes the problem
Vent line on the front diff won’t help anything Regarding the bearings on the hubs. The diff is sealed at the pumpkin, actually both diffs on the Roxor are sealed at the pumpkin. The rear has the grease zerk to lube the axle bearings at the wheel end. The front bearings have to be removed to manually pack the bearings. Vent line won’t solve this problem But is still a good idea to prevent water from getting inside the diff. You need to look towards a good seal on the spindle and the hub end. IMO I’d be looking into whether or not the install was done properly. If the new bearings don’t have the proper preload on them they’ll lunch themselves. If all was done properly I’m not sure what the issue could be, especially if it’s both sides having problems

BackwoodsBoggers

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yea to be honest I’m just drawing straws at this point! Going to order the vent kit along with the bearings an seals for front end do it all myself. It has been sent to the shop local every time on warranty an like you said I’m starting to doubt the install.
But yes I am having issues with both sides, 1st and 2nd time was passenger 3rd an this time has been driver, shop supposedly changed both sides each time I have my doubts for sure