ooooooooooo

Steering making loud squeal during turn, knocking in front suspension

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sounds like suspension to me, I would look at all bolts and make sure they are tight. I will be talking with the shop tomorrow to see what they have found on mine and let you know.

Hi, I've read in other posts that taking a grease gun to the leaf springs takes care of that issue. I just picked up mine and had the same problem and then remembered the post about this. Worth a try!

Mason

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My Roxor is being checked by a Certified Mahindra dealer as we speak for this very issue. (Power steering screeching I will let ya'll know the prognosis ASAP.

Mason

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My Rox had the same issue. Took it back to the certified Mahindra Dealer and they tightened the power steering belt. All is well. 150 miles so far.

viper

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am having loud popping noises with mine. Any suggestions? Power steering fluid full. No screeching at full lock. Almost sound like its coming from the steering box? This noise is while the wheels are fairly straight and when you turn the wheel slightly
Mine did the same thing until I pumped a little grease into the front spring rear shackle bolt, there's a grease fitting on there and it went away

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My Rox had the same issue. Took it back to the certified Mahindra Dealer and they tightened the power steering belt. All is well. 150 miles so far.
Took it in and it was the power steering belt. Thanks!

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Had the “squeal” on full lock:( And the other day a huge squeal do’n about 50 down the asphalt on a straight away that lasted about 10 seconds. Got home and fluid was low too. Got the fluid a couple days later and reservoir was full again?!???!!

Tightened belt and squeal gone and fluid checks normal. Had no idea how to set deflection so tried to match alternator belt. Power steering belt was much looser than alternator belt.

B

Bister

Had the “squeal” on full lock:( And the other day a huge squeal do’n about 50 down the asphalt on a straight away that lasted about 10 seconds. Got home and fluid was low too. Got the fluid a couple days later and reservoir was full again?!???!!

Tightened belt and squeal gone and fluid checks normal. Had no idea how to set deflection so tried to match alternator belt. Power steering belt was much looser than alternator belt.
Owners manual says 1/2" between pulleys for deflection.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I can get 1/2” with 100# pressure:) after adjust, but pretty sure I had about 1/2” prior to adjust with modest pressure. Not a mechanic so no idea what would be a reasonable pressure to check for 1/2” nor what pressure gauge is available to use.

B

Bister

I can get 1/2” with 100# pressure:) after adjust, but pretty sure I had about 1/2” prior to adjust with modest pressure. Not a mechanic so no idea what would be a reasonable pressure to check for 1/2” nor what pressure gauge is available to use.
I think they just mean push on it with your fingers for a 1/2", that's the way I always do it. They are pretty snug though. Mine squealed real easy on full lock, I gave it a turn to 2, it will still squeal some on full lock, that to me is old school normal, but it doesn't do it as quick now.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
OK- Did a 8 mile test drive and no squeal!! Then I rechecked my work for deflection. I’d say got 1/2” deflection with firm push.

Used to checking the Harley belt and that requires 9/16” at 10# push. I’d say my result on Roxor was about the same pounds effort.

Don’t recall how many turns it actually took to set deflection but thinking it was around 4+-

Captain

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My use to squeal at full lock, I tightened the belt. No more squeal. Easy to do. The adjustment bolt and bracket are under the pump. Easy to get to underneath the roxor. 2 minute fix.

I picked up a squeal at full lock at around 1700miles. One turn of the adjustment bolt and it's nice and silent again. Thanks!

echo3delta

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have had 8 unit that had a bad clamp on the ps pump feed hoses and this cause all the fluid to leak out they all made the noise your describing make sure to check this too it’s the blue hose
What was the fix? Did replacing the clamp solve the issue? Mine is doing the same thing. But the issue didnt show up until winter.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine still does it from time to time. Tighten bolt a little. Don’t over tighten!

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A couple of us have had the crimped fitting on the braided part of the pressure line split. I wonder if the pressure limits are set in the pump or if I can back it off a bit. One thing for sure, will not make the pump screech at all from now on. May run the belt a bit loose and dress it a bit. Rather have it slip a bit than break the pump as one fellow did.

ToddBenson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mine also was making a strange rattling vibration type noise at certain rpms. Some people suggested the red oil pan guard was broke. Which I have seen but mine was just loose. When I changed the oil I removed the bottom of it because the plug didn’t line up very well to dump the oil. And when I put it back together no more rattling noise.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
lineup on my red pan for the drain plug is off also. I also see where the front drive universal has hit the pan. I havent off roaded hard, was surprised to see it scrapped up a bit.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Based on experience it seems Rooms are delivered to dealers with slightly loose power steering belts, the steering limit stops set to overly restrict turning radius, and the engine coolant level somewhat low. With respect to power steering, yes - the belt will seem tight but it needs to be tightened some more - that eliminates the squealing issue.