ooooooooooo

Bearings

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I sent my Roxor Le to the dealership a few weeks ago because the transfer case front seal is leaking, I told them that the front end is making a grinding / scraping noise, they just let me know that all the bearings on all four wheels are rusted out at 70 miles, they are talking to Mahindra about the seals, they have not addressed the transfer case issue yet.

MAGAHAWK

I sent my Roxor Le to the dealership a few weeks ago because the transfer case front seal is leaking, I told them that the front end is making a grinding / scraping noise, they just let me know that all the bearings on all four wheels are rusted out at 70 miles, they are talking to Mahindra about the seals, they have not addressed the transfer case issue yet.
bummer!!! sounds like the bearings were installed dry, otherwise almost impossible to rust that soon. Make sure they replace the races as well. Good luck

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Welcone to the board, Undergroundeoxor.

Do you have make and part number for the front bearings you put into your Roxors at the mine?

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
FYI about factory bearings.....We have replaced the front bearings on all our Roxor's at around 2k miles and the factory grease isn't what I would call grease(more like lard lol)
Thanks for the heads up. That’s absolutely horrifying.
Thinking back when I put my locking hubs on it did look dry.
Definitely on the top of my to do list.

undergroundroxor

Here are the part #'s that we are using since the factory bearings are so hard to get:
Inner Bearing Race: TIMKEN 24720
Inner Bearing: TIMKEN 24780
Outer Bearing w/race: TIMKEN TKA35 or A35
Seal: TIMKEN 472015 (The factory seal is a triple lip design but these work, all your trying to do is keep water/dirt out and grease in)

Hope this helps :)

undergroundroxor

The rear axle bearings?
There is a grease zerk on the rear of the axle(by the rear brake plate) on both sides to keep these greased. We haven't had any rear axle bearing issues at all

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@ undergroundroxor: Thanks for sharing all information (on this and other posts). Much appreciated.

Of course your machines are not performance tuned and run only at very low speeds. However, you're racking up hours and miles 10x faster than most of us.

Looks like you might be our source for information on any accelerated stress failures.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The rear axle bearings?
There is a grease zerk on the rear of the axle(by the rear brake plate) on both sides to keep these greased. We haven't had any rear axle bearing issues at all
Can these tapered for bearings be greased easily as preventative maintenance?

undergroundroxor

Can these tapered for bearings be greased easily as preventative maintenance?
I tapped holes in the front hubs for grease zerks. Is this what your asking about?

Talking with my cross shift we thought it was overkill because the bearings are going to fail regardless in our environment with hellish road conditions and our mud isn't like anything you've ever seen. It sets up like concrete and a needle scaler is a must

undergroundroxor

What is the best grease to pack these hubs with?
We are limited on our grease choices but I would go with marine grade bearing grease. The idea is to keep the grease in and dirt and water out. Mahindra skimps on grease and fluids on the powertrain. From a manufacturing perspective I see where Mahindra is coming from because they turn out so many units and for $20k your getting alot of machine.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I tapped holes in the front hubs for grease zerks. Is this what your asking about?

Talking with my cross shift we thought it was overkill because the bearings are going to fail regardless in our environment with hellish road conditions and our mud isn't like anything you've ever seen. It sets up like concrete and a needle scaler is a must

Meant to say tapered roller bearings. Autocorrect is garbage.

Are the bearings pressed on the shaft? Can I pull them out with my fingers at 0 miles and pack them with some super moly axle grease?

Does the zerk get grease in the race?

undergroundroxor

With zero miles you should be able to pull them off the spindle by hand. Do you have a 50mm socket? Thats is what the two nuts on the spindle size are.
Maybe this will help......This is how we learned because Mahindra still won't send us the service manual......I know, were working on it
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5744dd6686db43a53993fb09/t/5d3e6771a5e3b40001e7fa81/1564370803555/OX+Locking+Front+Differential_V02-compressed.pdf

We hand pack the bearings before install but the dust cover is such a tight fit with the o-ring along with the drive flange that grease has only one way to go...towards the bearings and the seal.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Good God my 4runner axle nut isnt even that big. Am I going to break my 36 inch breaker bar? Wouldn't be the first time

DAMCars

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We are limited on our grease choices but I would go with marine grade bearing grease. The idea is to keep the grease in and dirt and water out. Mahindra skimps on grease and fluids on the powertrain. From a manufacturing perspective I see where Mahindra is coming from because they turn out so many units and for $20k your getting alot of machine.

It appears Timken has their own grease line, so that might be a good option. Alternatively, I'm an Amsoil fan and see that they offer multiple grease options including one specifically to ward off water.