ooooooooooo

Steering making loud squeal during turn, knocking in front suspension

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Does it only make the noise when you can't turn the wheel any further? (steering lock stop)
That's the only time mine does this. Seems to me a younger generation didn't live with this commonality. The serpentine belt generation. LOL

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Well I’m guess we can disagree on n the issue of PS squeal at full lock. The only issues I’ve experienced of driving many vehicles in my 53 years if It squeals all the time, leaks, or you simply have a hard time turning or feel it in the wheel. Every HMMWV I drove ever would squeal at full lock. My first vehicle and a few after didn’t have PS to ncluding a FJ40. PS was not a standard component in vehicles until the 70’s and 80’s and serpentine belts came around the 90’s and they’ve been quiet since. There’s no way any unit was going to replace HMMWV PS pumps unless it didn’t work or some other obvious issues. But good luck with your Roxor.

one2doo

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine has 33s on it and does not squeal anytime even lock to lock.

srslidins14

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I am having loud popping noises with mine. Any suggestions? Power steering fluid full. No screeching at full lock. Almost sound like its coming from the steering box? This noise is while the wheels are fairly straight and when you turn the wheel slightly

Baja405

Lifetime Member
Sounds like suspension to me, I would look at all bolts and make sure they are tight. I will be talking with the shop tomorrow to see what they have found on mine and let you know.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I was just eye balling those zerk fittings today. I bet the craoking and clunking will be diminished after a few pumps on the grease gun.
With the factory history of not checking the fluids etc, I'd bet they are lax about greasing properly.

Baja405

Lifetime Member
With the factory history of not checking the fluids etc, I'd bet they are lax about greasing properly.
You could be right but mine has practically 0 miles on it. I bought it took it home ran around for about 2 miles then called them to come to pick it up.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You could be right but mine has practically 0 miles on it. I bought it took it home ran around for about 2 miles then called them to come to pick it up.
Im impressed they gave you such good service. I've been looking around for a dealer with a competent/reliable service department.

Jgeib

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My use to squeal at full lock, I tightened the belt. No more squeal. Easy to do. The adjustment bolt and bracket are under the pump. Easy to get to underneath the roxor. 2 minute fix.

44Bogger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My use to squeal at full lock, I tightened the belt. No more squeal. Easy to do. The adjustment bolt and bracket are under the pump. Easy to get to underneath the roxor. 2 minute fix.

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman.

Mine started squeaking at full lock at about 200 miles. I just been living with it..........by not keeping it at full lock.

Tightened the bolt last night 2 full turns. Quiet as a churchmouse now.

To anyone else that is going to tighten theirs, loosen the tension nut first even thought it appears you dont need to cause you a should be spinning it away from the block. I started tightening the belt with 16mm wrench and it didn't go easliy. Felt like the belt was tight. Loosened the nut with 17mm and the bolt almost turned by hand.

sgn2bapt

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
@Baja405 I’m glad you’ve had good a good experience with Hattiesburg Cycles. I tried to deal with them, had a totally different experience than you.

Rolandwanders

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My Roxor had this problem and the dealer here in Phoenix identified it as a manufacturing defect in some units, the power steering hose was too short and during full lock it was coming into contact with the steering rack somewhere. It was covered under warranty and the longer hose was shipped, installed, and the sound was gone. Maybe check with your dealer and see if the same thing might be happening with yours.