ooooooooooo

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - From Mahindra

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
WHY IS THE SPEED LIMITED TO 45 MPH?
Because ROXOR is not street legal Mahindra felt that 45 mph was a suitable speed limit given how most consumers are likely to be using the vehicle.

WHAT IS ROXOR’S FUEL ECONOMY?
We have averaged 32 to 34 mpg in testing and a range of over 350 Miles. Your mileage will vary depending upon speed and road conditions.

WHY IS GVWR (GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT RATING) SO LOW?
The EPA off-road recreational vehicle regulations under which the ROXOR is authorized to be manufactured and sold impose restrictions and limits on topics such as weights and capacities.

WHY ISN’T THERE A PTO OR DUMP BOX AVAILABLE?
The base unit and Limited Edition launch models are more focused to recreational use. More work-oriented accessories will be available in the future.

WHAT DOES IT WEIGH? HOW WIDE IS IT?
See the spec sheet here --> https://teamroxor.com/threads/mahindra-roxor-base-spec-sheet.2/#post-2

WHY DOES ROXOR HAVE A STRAIGHT FRONT AXLE AND NOT INDEPENDENT FRONT SUSPENSION (IFS)?
ROXOR’s more durable (and affordable design) utilizes simpler and more proven, reliable, mechanical components with fewer moving parts. There is less to go wrong on a ROXOR…and if something does, it’s easier to repair on the trail.

WHY IS ROXOR’S TOWING CAPACITY GREATER THAN OTHER UTVS?
ROXOR’s beefier boxed steel frame, automotive-sized transmission, bigger wheels and brakes plus a torquey 4-cylinder, turbo-diesel engine enables it to pull more than smaller 2-cylinder powered UTVs

Bear

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Can a car dolly be used to tow a roxor if the rear driveshaft is removed? And how long can it be towed?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Can a car dolly be used to tow a ROXOR if the rear driveshaft is removed? And how long can it be towed?

Yes that is the right way to do it.

How long? Likely no practical limit vs any other vehicle.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Can a car dolly be used to tow a ROXOR if the rear driveshaft is removed? And how long can it be towed?[
Get a tilt bed trailer, the only way to go. Car Dolly’s are designed for very light and little cars. I have seen everything from flat tires to broken axles over the years.

B

Bister

Could you not use locking hubs of the front and load it backwards and tie the steering wheel (double wrap with seatbelt and a secondary device/strap available online or a ratchet strap to the roll bar) same as tow trucks do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The dolly is rated for 4000 pounds.
That’s fine, sure it will work...just not for me, bad experience years ago. I moved from Florida to NC Going thru Atlanta, in traffic wheel broke of dolly , in rush out. I had my FC 150 aboard. Granted it was Uhaul rental.....Everyone I talk to on the rd ( we travel in motor coach in winter ) cussed their dolly, envies my trailer. ......

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Could you not use locking hubs of the front and load it backwards and tie the steering wheel (double wrap with seatbelt and a secondary device/strap available online) same as tow trucks do?

You can but it will wander regardless of how tight you wrap that wheel. I dragged a race car that way, in a pinch, and it was not confidence inspiring.

B

Bister

You can but it will wander regardless of how tight you wrap that wheel. I dragged a race car that way, in a pinch, and it was not confidence inspiring.
Always towed semi tractors that way (and believe they still do when towed from the back) and numerous other vehicles. I never trusted the locking pin on the steering. Always used the seat belt and a secondary rope or strap and nothing ever wandered for me as long as the wheel couldn’t move and the front end wasn’t worn out.

B

Bister

I was told it does. On the engine tag it is rated at 1.6 out of 10. That’s on the clean end of the scale. Full Disclosure: that’s I just what I was told, I don’t know that much about these numbers.

When I find my tag, I’ll ad the picture.

Edit: found it

0240EA3F-FBFA-4487-9D04-EC7064AEA939.jpeg

Reece Blincoe

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Roxor weighs 3000 pounds? That sounds high to me, I had an old Honda Prelude that weighed 2000 pounds! (full body). Has anyone actually taken a Roxor on to scales?

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Roxor weighs 3000 pounds? That sounds high to me, I had an old Honda Prelude that weighed 2000 pounds! (full body). Has anyone actually taken a Roxor on to scales?
Diesel motors are heavy to begin with then add in a 4wd system and actually metal I’m sure they’re pretty accurate on their specs.

B

Bister

I’m thinking they would have had it on a scale multiple times during the build, plus they would have to have very accurate numbers for the EPA, since it is the EPA that regulates this class of vehicle.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well considering 2018 Wrangler 2 door weights in around 3900 lbs, I think the Rox is a light weight .!