ooooooooooo

For you guys with the XTC turn signals

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Opinions please on the self-canceling model. It seems like a good idea on the surface but I am thinking it may end up being a pain in the rear having to be careful about how long you push the button?

DAMCars

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I went with the standard kit myself and after the first week of driving with turn signals on all the time like a dummy, it's been fine. Now I obsessively glance down at the button or feel the switch to make sure it's in the flat position.

I wish the LED's in front were slightly larger and also wish there was an easy way to tie in the side markers.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Agree, I just kinda got used to turning them off after I complete my turn. The LEDs are a little small, (or maybe my eye sight isn't as good as i get older) lol. Other than that I like them.

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I love the xtc kit generally but not have a steering column stalk is a massive pain.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I love the xtc kit generally but not have a steering column stalk is a massive pain.
Yes I totally agree with this. The problem is that the kit offered for the steering column has a massive switch...i understand that it comes to within an inch or two of the door opening and was actually designed for a semi-trailer truck.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm happy with the XTC kit. They have a special wire harness you can buy which will make it work with standard jeep LED tail lights. Reaching over to the the rocker switch is the same effort as a steering column switch.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I went with the standard kit myself and after the first week of driving with turn signals on all the time like a dummy, it's been fine. Now I obsessively glance down at the button or feel the switch to make sure it's in the flat position.

I wish the LED's in front were slightly larger and also wish there was an easy way to tie in the side markers.
Side markers are 2 wire you have to buy a three wire marker to use all functions.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Did anyone buy the auto-cancelling version of the XTC turn signal kit and do you find it convenient or a problem? I am asking this because the instructions indicate the time duration of the canceling feature depends on how long you push the switch, if you just touch it briefly it cancels quickly and if you hold it in longer it cancels after a longer delay.

cniemi28

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
What issues should I foresee with these turn signals? Cutting into the grill obviously, but how do I convert that plugin to the pencil plus of the xtc harness? Cutting and splicing?

cniemi28

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Screenshot_20200314-103720.png
Screenshot_20200314-103716.png

Screenshot_20200314-103720.png Screenshot_20200314-103716.png

flynlow8740

I have the auto cancelling on mine. The time thing does take som getting used to, but it’s not a big deal. The light in the switch isn’t bright enough to see in bright sunlight, so I like the fact that the blinker will turn off even if I forget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What issues should I foresee with these turn signals? Cutting into the grill obviously, but how do I convert that plugin to the pencil plus of the xtc harness? Cutting and splicing?
Charlie I bought the xtc turn signal kit and added 2.5” led fronts from O’Reilly’s instead of using the supplied 3/4” ones.

83D255FF-A930-4867-82F1-A670D716BD74.jpeg

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How did you go about the 3 wires, being that the xtc kit only offers 2 wires towards the front?
The third wire would be tied into the running lights as a marker light. I suppose it would have to be tied into the tail lights as high and low beam are switched from the dash
Ok