ooooooooooo

Estimated Miles per gallon

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a lot of hills around here. I usually get around 27 going up and down all day If I cruise at a consistent speed I usually get around 33. Keep in mind I have locking front hubs, stage 1 tune with egr delete, and a cold air intake.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m averaging around 23. A lot of low range 3rd gear where I do most of my off roading. LR, but not 4WD, locking hubs.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I read on the FB page a guy claimed he was getting 39. Look I know diesels do better on fuel but sometimes people over exaggerate what they get so they can be envied.

Diesels generally get 50% better economy compared to gas. You can also give big oil the middle finger by making your own fuel too which is a plus. They also last longer if you change your oil. But that's the extent of the advantages of diesel.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well I love the diesel. I’ve been using a sprayer, hauled in the back and hooked to the battery, and it idles like a champ. Your about right, it gets twice the gas mileage of my gas burners. I have no complaints with performance of the ROXOR. it is what I have yearned for since my friend in high school got a CJ5 in 1970. We had so much fun and I learned you could go anywhere and not destroy it if you took your time and used your head.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ve done no modifications to the engine or chassis, nor do I intend to. My need for speed is long gone and I am leaving well enough alone! I’ve got about 1,800 miles on mine. Love it.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ve done no modifications to the engine or chassis, nor do I intend to. My need for speed is long gone and I am leaving well enough alone! I’ve got about 1,800 miles on mine. Love it.

I realize there's something to be said for keeping it stock. My suggestion though is maybe just consider blocking off the EGR. When I took mine off there was a ton of soot already in the intake because of that dumb, and ineffective emissions device. You could buy a set of plates for around 25 bucks and just take the egr off and strap it to the side somewhere. Just leave the connector attached that way you don't through a trouble code. If you do this you'll easily add 2 more miles per gallon and improve your engine life. Just think about it.

B

Bister

I have checked a couple times with about 2/3 road and the rest trails and putting around. More trails = lower mileage as expected. I’m very happy getting 400-450 plus klms out of a tank.

This is the last tank.

F3EA004F-FCE6-4807-9BBC-079109CD95BF.png

fourhounds

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not bad for what this beast can do off road
A kilometer is 5/8 of a mile, so to find miles given kilometers,
divide by 8 and multiply by 5, thus......

400/8 = 50
50x5 = 250

So 400 kilometers = 250 miles

B

Bister

Not bad for what this beast can do off road
A kilometer is 5/8 of a mile, so to find miles given kilometers,
divide by 8 and multiply by 5, thus......

400/8 = 50
50x5 = 250

So 400 kilometers = 250 miles
We just multiply by .62. Our odometers are in Kilometres in Canada and our fuel pumps are in litres.

I like that app cause you can enter it in any form and it gives you every version of measuring at the bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I realize there's something to be said for keeping it stock. My suggestion though is maybe just consider blocking off the EGR. When I took mine off there was a ton of soot already in the intake because of that dumb, and ineffective emissions device. You could buy a set of plates for around 25 bucks and just take the egr off and strap it to the side somewhere. Just leave the connector attached that way you don't through a trouble code. If you do this you'll easily add 2 more miles per gallon and improve your engine life. Just think about it.
I agree with campyman. Get rid of egr. You can block it and leave it attached to your intake. Works fine with no codes.

Tokarev

Am getting about 28mpg running around town. Add a little bit of 4x4 playing from this past weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk