ooooooooooo

engine clatter at high rpm?

Donnie

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
only about 50 miles on my new roxor ….it is a 2019 model with all stock.....seems to be a bit of engine clatter at higher rpms...….is it my imagination or does anyone else hear anything simiar? Thanks for the help.

MAGAHAWK

only about 50 miles on my new roxor ….it is a 2019 model with all stock.....seems to be a bit of engine clatter at higher rpms...….is it my imagination or does anyone else hear anything simiar? Thanks for the help.
I would have to listen to be sure but your probably not used to the noise that a Diesel makes during normal operation. Noise will vary with RPM and load

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Does it seem loudest at 45 mph?

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
ill pay atentiom to the tack tomorrow. we call it the 40 mph rattle. it happens at a few rpms at a low boost. nothing to worry about. all five or six? Cummings trucks have it. not going to hurt anything.

B

Bister

its normal. Mine changes tone right around 65-70kph and it’s very noticeable. I have 9600 kilometres on mine now.

Donnie

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Drove a little over a hundred miles today...…..got used to everything and the noise is normal especially at certain rpms...…..it has the 3 year warranty so I believe things will be fine......thanks for the help.

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I started having clatter at around 1000 miles also. Took to dealer to check valve clearance. went to back and watched the mechanic and everything in speck. Now have over 6000 miles on it and still clatters, but no problems. I was very concerned also.

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Curious if this known (clatter) at higher revs is why the vehicle is geared fairly tall for an off-road machine? Been an owner for a year now and still on my first tank of fuel, but that clatter is real.

Removed that big plastic fan first thing which helped.

Personally never rev it much over 2500 RPM. The magic number on older diesels was 2100.

Anyone know the bore and stroke on this engine? Somehow I would suspect the stroke is much greater?

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The fan has nothing to do with the so called dieseling at lower rpms. But changing to electric will add some extra hp, not a lot, but some. My Roxor averages 23 mph average. But has gotten up to 28 on the hwy, So it sounds to me your Roxor hasn't over 250 miles on it. I have the stage 1 ECU burn and I have replaced the plastic turbo waste gate with an anodize aluminum one and have turned the pressure up from 9 to 16lbs. Not an easy job. My engine still has a lower rpm diesel rattle dispite everything that I have done to it. This engine is fine with rpm's up to 2700 rpms but I dont press my luck. I received this info from Mahindra. I cannot find my cd that has everything that dealers have from Mahindra which has every spec including stroke and bore. So when I find it I will give you that info. Nobody is supposed to have this info and its not supposed to be in the public hands. Mahindra is very private with their information for some unknown reason. My Mahindra even has that sound at cruising at 60 mph or more. Seems once it levels out at speeds it rattles. It has been doing that for over 6000 miles.

runner

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
ill pay atentiom to the tack tomorrow. we call it the 40 mph rattle. it happens at a few rpms at a low boost. nothing to worry about. all five or six? Cummings trucks have it. not going to hurt anything.
After I done a egr delete mine clatters more once I get to 40 mph, no matter what the rpm is. Should I reinstall the egr?

B

Bister

Bore and stroke is listed right on the engine specs on Roxor's webpage and the 62HP is at 3200RPM. This is a bit higher revving diesel than most older diesel engines. I rarely find any reason to run higher than 22-2500RPM, and that is the high end, but I drive slow.

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 8.54.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 8.54.03 AM.png

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey great! When I got the specs, in 2018 Roxor was hush hush with everything. I am glad they are finally sharing as they should. I got so TEED off with local dealer, haven't been back. I found that I knew more about the machine than they. They only wanted to sell and didn't care after that. Probably sounds familiar huh? Thanks for the knowledge, we are all in this together.

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The info I have on disc, shows diagnostic checks and repair procedures for the dealerships. Just like a Haynes manual. Still looking for the disc. Will share with everyone at later date. Keep on rollin, bro.

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I should of clarified, the sound of that plastic fan constantly turning was obnoxious to me. Its gone. Now the pesky clatter. May be something to just have to live with.

The fan has nothing to do with the so called dieseling at lower rpms. But changing to electric will add some extra hp

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have to agree, I have just lived with it for 6000 miles. So if you figure it out, man I am your best friend. Keep on rollin, bro.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
After I done a egr delete mine clatters more once I get to 40 mph, no matter what the rpm is. Should I reinstall the egr?
no. its a lean burn sound. by the factory tune. design? funny thing about a diesel. they run cooler running lean. compared to a gas motor that runs hot and breaks things. mine actually runs a lot better with the egr delite at speed. same with my 6.7 and 5.9. little better mileage out of the trucks also.

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have clatter as well, but have had enough diesels over the yrs to learn that these engines make some different sounds than what I consider normal. Now I listen for other noises that aren't supposed to be there, which I don't have any at this current moment!!

B

Bister

no. its a lean burn sound. by the factory tune. design? funny thing about a diesel. they run cooler running lean. compared to a gas motor that runs hot and breaks things. mine actually runs a lot better with the egr delite at speed. same with my 6.7 and 5.9. little better mileage out of the trucks also.
Thanks, that's the best explanation I have heard yet that makes sense. When I first got mine and noticed the different sound around 65KPH, a buddy said that's it normal for diesels to change sounds and I never really gave it a second thought after that, but there was no explanation why the major sound change. I have a John Deere tractor also and it doesn't make that sound change, but then it's not set up as a vehicle either.