ooooooooooo

ECM re-flash companies

Kyjondeere

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The ECU works as it should. Absolutely no issues. Still loving the mild increases of HP and torque without the cumbersome speed limiter. This seems to be the perfect tune for me and my uses of the Roxor. I have close to 700 miles on my Roxor now with about 400 of them being with the KMS Performance ECU.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for getting back. I think I may pony up some money for one myself. I have been using a chip express. It works flawlessly, but does not remove the speed limiter, because it only changes information going to the fuel rail. Having a spare ECM looks enticing to me.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
When I was talking to a dealer about upgrading the ECM he said it was a good idea to upgrade the clutch at the same time. What are your feelings on this subject? I'm thinking since I'm not a real aggressive driver it the clutch replacement may be overkill for me. Any harm in just using the original clutch and when it wears out upgrade it then?

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
When I was talking to a dealer about upgrading the ECM he said it was a good idea to upgrade the clutch at the same time. What are your feelings on this subject? I'm thinking since I'm not a real aggressive driver it the clutch replacement may be overkill for me. Any harm in just using the original clutch and when it wears out upgrade it then?
You don't want to burn up your fly wheel with a weak clutch that slips, it is common to do. As far as do you need it? that's all about hp and torque. Diesel freaks can advise you what they have seen in testing. It seems greater than 200lb torqe and you might start slipping. Then again they have seen stock clutches offer no slippage at all so the guess is yours. I feel an upgraded clutch is money well spent. Nobody ever said " I wish I had a shittier clutch".

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
KMS Performance out of Arizona offers a complete ECM with a tune. Been using one for 3 months. Very happy with it I still have the original if needed.

Last edited:

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
When installing a new ECU, such as KMS, what happens to your odometer? And since you retain the stock ECU and may want to reinstall for various reasons, does the odometer reset to actual miles? Or does each ECU only record the mileage that it was actually in vehicle? The ECU swap seems like a great idea but I’d like to keep accurate mileage on the vehicle odometer.

General

Founding Member
When installing a new ECU, such as KMS, what happens to your odometer?
Great question. I haven't tried on the Roxor, but @Woodsman74881 's comment is consistent with that I've seen on other machines where I've switched computers and gauges -- that the miles are stored on the odometer gauge, not the computer. Please someone speak up if your odometer reset when you installed a new/flashed ECU. That would be a very good thing for this community to know about.

WShaulis

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Great question. I haven't tried on the Roxor, but @Woodsman74881 's comment is consistent with that I've seen on other machines where I've switched computers and gauges -- that the miles are stored on the odometer gauge, not the computer. Please someone speak up if your odometer reset when you installed a new/flashed ECU. That would be a very good thing for this community to know about.
My odometer miles remained intact, as did my hours. I did have to take the roxor into the dealer for a speedometer sticking, got a new speedometer installed and they programmed the previous data into the new speedo! Great customer service Mahindra and Thanks to Josh the Roxor service guy at Indian Motorcycles of Sturgis, so happy I bought there!