ooooooooooo

ECM re-flash companies

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What happens if you do a tune with EGR delete in the tune, but have not done the EGR modifications with the plates and hoses yet. Engine explodes or nothing?

Taylor

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I'm not sure, I would think nothing would happen. But I bough a couple of plates on eBay and the coolant caps, vacuum caps, band clamps at O'Reilly's. In total it cost around $40 to delete the EGR.

Kyjondeere

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
What happens if you do a tune with EGR delete in the tune, but have not done the EGR modifications with the plates and hoses yet. Engine explodes or nothing?

I believe the EGR delete with the tune will essentially disable the EGR. It will prevent the valve(s) from opening via the electronics.

That said, the reason folks also use the plates and remove the EGR components based on my understanding is for a couple reasons.
1) The installed EGR valve(s) is a butterfly type valve that may or may not seal well. Therefore, there could be some leakage. If that happens there is a chance the EGR cooler could leak liquid into the intake. The plates are installed to eliminate these potential issues.
2) Secondly, removal of the EGR components cleans up the engine bay by eliminating a five gallon bucket of unnecessary equipment. I've seen photos here on the forum of all the junk that can be removed with an egr delete.

My description above is based on what I've read, not what I've personally done so take it for what its worth.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That is great answer, yes to all of the above!

Calebp

Check out "www.calibratedpower.com" search Roxor once you get there. My son and I each have one and went with there tune and waste gate valve. Got them done in the middle of September and have had no issue with starting in the cold, parked one out side on some very cold nights just to test cold start, no problem, great tune, They have dyno graphs posted to prove the power, as a mater of fact some ware they posted a race of my sons with stock tune and there own Roxor with the tune. You won't be disapointed.
How is your factory clutch holding up with the tune?

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No ploblems, but we take it easy on them so we don't burn the flywheel. As some as a full clutch kit comes out we will get them.

Kyjondeere

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I came across a company in AZ that sells a Pre-flashed ECU so you don’t have to provide yours. This seems good for a couple reasons. You don’t have to be without yours while getting it flashed and you have the unflashef original if you ever need to pop it back in. The cost is $695 for the preflashed ECU. The company is KMS performance.

Anyone familiar with this company? I’m not sure where they can be getting the ECUs. I wonder if they’re OEM or maybe aftermarket. Thoughts?

B

Bister

I came across a company in AZ that sells a Pre-flashed ECU so you don’t have to provide yours. This seems good for a couple reasons. You don’t have to be without yours while getting it flashed and you have the unflashef original if you ever need to pop it back in. The cost is $695 for the preflashed ECU. The company is KMS performance.

Anyone familiar with this company? I’m not sure where they can be getting the ECUs. I wonder if they’re OEM or maybe aftermarket. Thoughts?
A link would be helpful.

Edit: Found it

ROXOR ECU - KMS TUNED - KMS Performance

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just looked, do you really get to keep original one? These ECU's are not cheap, if you are good withe the power increase and get to keep the original thats a great price. However i do not know if it is a good tume, my sons and i have several custom tuned cars and have not used "KMS".

Calebp

When sending your ecu in for a reflash what is the best way to get it packaged and shipped? I’m assuming ups or FedEx would have everything necessary for it there?

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
When sending your ecu in for a reflash what is the best way to get it packaged and shipped? I’m assuming ups or FedEx would have everything necessary for it there?
Just wrapped mine in bubble wrap really good and sent it certified postal service. Put it in a box of course!

B

Bister

Just looked, do you really get to keep original one? These ECU's are not cheap, if you are good withe the power increase and get to keep the original thats a great price. However i do not know if it is a good tume, my sons and i have several custom tuned cars and have not used "KMS".

No kidding, considering a new one is $899, I doubt if they bought them from Roxor...

and the way it lists it as 'warranty only, I'm not sure you could even just buy one out right.

I heard, and I don't know if this is correct, that a 'stage 1' tune is the same as what a Thar is stock. Are these just imported Thar ecu's? I am totally guessing on that part. They might work fine, I'm just thinking out loud.

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 9.28.04 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Bhayarock

No kidding, considering a new one is $899, I doubt if they bought them from Roxor...

and the way it lists it as 'warranty only, I'm not sure you could even just buy one out right.

I heard, and I don't know if this is correct, that a 'stage 1' tune is the same as what a Thar is stock. Are these just imported Thar ecu's? I am totally guessing on that part. They might work fine, I'm just thinking out loud.

View attachment 2942
Very unlikely that these are OEM imported from thar as they cost around ($600 even in india)shipping extra and plus the profit.

The interesting part is the chip the bosch EDC 17c55 which is a generic diesel chip, and I know some folks in india who import the board (the PCB) from china and puts the chip on these boards and there after they program them. The board (china import)costs about $150 and the chip if ordered in bulk costs around $100. The whole package can be procured including the metal shield for around $300 but this wont be OEM but essentially the same bosch chip. However the quality of this thing cannot be guaranteed.
[I dont know if anyone here is electronics enthusiast a good analogy here is your personal computer , the processor chip is from Intel or AMD but the board can be made by multiple vendors Asus,GIGABYTE, foxconn, apple etc]

Same ecu for a different vehicle, all you need to do is burn the tune for bolero, thar di or whatever tune the roxor uses
Foton Sapp SUV/BJ493 engine computer board ECU Bosch EDC17C55 0281017499 - ChinaglobalMall

Long story short $625 dos not looks like an OEM but it will be the same bosch chip on an aftermarket board. The quality of the same can be in question. I would only buy it if I am given a warranty for at least 1 year.

Other thoughts:
The software tune is out on internet and all it takes is the program to burn this chip and I guess many companies have made profit just by burning 1 copied tune, for the same price you can actually get the software tune file, the work bench and the burning software. A good business idea for sure.

Last edited:

Kyjondeere

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
After careful evaluation and considering these ECUs are most likely aftermarket, I decided to take a chance on one anyway. I've had it installed almost a week now so I thought I'd provide an update. Shipping was fast, I ordered it on a Thursday and received it the following Monday. Upon unboxing, I cannot tell it from the stock ECU. The stickers are the same and everything. I didn't attempt to open it up but installed it immediately. Even though this is a very mild tune, I must say the difference in performance is amazing. No more having to downshift slight grade hills, constantly bumping against the speed limiter, and I can now use 5th. In my opinion, a tune for this machine is the best money I've spent on mods. It now feels like it performs as it should from the factory. In summary, so far so good, hopefully it will hold up with time.