ooooooooooo

Drag bar twisting while turning. Normal?

Mauvais

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey guys wondering if I can get some help understanding something. When steering left or right I am having the drag bar twist and click while turning. Looking at it the tie rod ends bottom out at that angle which causes the clicking noise. Might just be paranoid but wondering if this is normal or not. I am worried about the wear on the tie rod ends.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the same question, it can't be good long term to have them moving that much. I think there is a post on here about silencing them.

GPG

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Good morning,

I have this clunking noise every time I turn right or left and found that the rear mounts for the front leaf springs are creating the noise. As it snaps against the mount that is welded to the frame. not sure how to remedy this?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Good morning,

I have this clunking noise every time I turn right or left and found that the rear mounts for the front leaf springs are creating the noise. As it snaps against the mount that is welded to the frame. not sure how to remedy this?
Grease the springs. Only remedy for that noise.

GPG

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yep I have greased the zirks and that's when the clunk noise started:). So they are moving

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yep I have greased the zirks and that's when the clunk noise started:). So they are moving
Yep, mine do the same thing after I greased them. When I get some time I'm going to see if I can tighten them tighter, or maybe put washers in between the mounts and the springs. Drives me crazy...makes it sound like it's a piece of crap. I don't think it will hurt anything, but I definitely want to stop it or at least minimize it somehow.

GPG

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Keep me posted on the washer fix and maybe even a Teflon washer of a large diameter between a steel one and the frame bracket will dampen this noise

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the same question, it can't be good long term to have them moving that much. I think there is a post on here about silencing them.
This never got answered right. The post hot high jacked for a leaf spring question. Can anyone answer this. Mine does it as well.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
thank you for sharing about the cure, just ordered mine to install. To make sure I install correct.
Would you mind sharing a pic of where you installed?
THANK YOU!

4d31875a831554e3d140d230a4bdddd4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mauvais

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey guys I ended up going with the cure. Took care of the dragbar twist and dead spot in the steering. Thanks for the help!!!

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I need help with the install of The Cure.

After I remove the castle nut, how do I separate the joint? There is no room to pound it out (e.g. thread nut loosley and give it a couple taps with a hammer).

Thanks in advance for the advise on separating the joint.