ooooooooooo

Roll bar

General

Founding Member
Howdy Team Roxor,

I halfway recommend this roll bar design. We chopped the stock roll cage B and C pillars at body level, then built the top part. Cost was around $200 in tubing (1.75" x 0.120 DOM, 20 linear feet) plus $300 in labor plus another $200 to powder coat, all at local Jeep fabrication shops. As you can see it's hard to justify the $800 price for a product so similar to the OEM cage, especially because we lose the A pillar (incompatible with CJ windshield unless you change the A pillar attachment points, like going to the floor). Rear passengers are a little more protected. Also, this bar is easier to grab and work with than OEM because it's not diagonal, but now Mahindra offers the squared rear cage for rear passenger seats. It's a simple design, not meant for rolling over, just reducing cabin incursion during collision. I really wanted to lower the side-to-side main hoop height, but then it would be dangerously close to my head if I flew up during a crash (metal + skull = dead), so we left it at stock height. One of the best advantages is that I can reach through the side to lift my small children or cargo into the rear seat, whereas before they'd hit the diagonal bar. For style you could powder coat your bar body colored, smooth or textured, but I preferred subdued black.

Now someone else go make a better one!

20190311_133631.jpg 20190203_110721.jpg 20190203_110736.jpg

Last edited: