ooooooooooo

Climax Offroad Long Travel Suspension Kits

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Somebody needs to come out with a bolt in heavy duty upgrade. Sorta like the Currie setup for the TJ’s. Heavier tubing and stouter tie rod ends.

I’ll make a bolt in direct replacement kit soon. Going to work with wade at diesel freak to get it out since I don’t have a stockish roxor anymore to work with. I’ll let you know here in the coming weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’ll make a bolt in direct replacement kit soon. Going to work with wade at diesel freak to get it out since I don’t have a stockish roxor anymore to work with. I’ll let you know here in the coming weeks.

Being steered towards a climax is gonna be awesome

Holleyb19

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hey Max,
When are you thinking the next batch of long travel kits will come out? I also noticed that On The Rox has come out with some doublers for the frame due to cracking from steering stress. Have you noticed any breakdown on your machines frame members running 35's? Do you have hydraulic assist on our Roxor?

Brian

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
As far is I know all 6 kits out right now are using bilstein 33-104645 on all 4 corners with 2.5 springs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Correct. But as you stated earlier, 4 people and/or added weight on the rear will sag it down. I recommend a taller spring in the rear if people are going to have a lot of gear in the back.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey Max,
When are you thinking the next batch of long travel kits will come out? I also noticed that On The Rox has come out with some doublers for the frame due to cracking from steering stress. Have you noticed any breakdown on your machines frame members running 35's? Do you have hydraulic assist on our Roxor?

Brian

The frame is not the issue. It’s the design. Mahindra uses a through sleeve with a shoulder. It is tack welded into the frame. The tack welds fail causing the steering box to come loose and brake bolts holding the steering box in.

611471c33724ed1e87eef6db481e9d65.jpg

633f310a39e54bde4a9b2d24364150fc.jpg

(Photo credit to Rick Cecco)

The correct way to sleeve a frame is to insert a sleeve into the frame from the outside and have a smaller diameter hole on the inside that stops the sleeve but allows the bolt to pass though. That way the frame is holding the stress of the box and the sleeves are on the there to keep the frame from crushing.

The way Mahindra has it is SCARY! The steering box is only held on by those tack welds. Once these things start to fatigue over time or rust and weaken the box mounts will fail even with stock size tires.

Mine did cost me my hammers run when the welds failed. (Kicking myself for overlooking it)

Fully welding the sleeves previous to them breaking is highly suggested. The On The Rox kit is overkill for most but not completely unnecessary especially if your wheeling hard with a front locker or using wheel spacers.

Last edited:

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The frame is not the issue. It’s the design. Mahindra uses a through sleeve with a shoulder. It is tack welded into the frame. The tack welds fail causing the steering box to come loose and brake bolts holding the steering box in.

View attachment 8978
View attachment 8979
(Photo credit to Rick Cecco)

The correct way to sleeve a frame is to nice insert a sleeve into the frame from the outside and have a smaller diameter hole on the inside that stops the sleeve but allows the bolt to pass though. That way the frame is holding the stress of the box and the sleeves are on the there to keep the frame from crushing.

The way Mahindra has it is SCARY! The steering box is only held on by those tack welds. Once these things start to fatigue over time or rust and weaken the box mounts will fail even with stock size tires.

Mine did cost me my hammers run when the welds failed. (Kicking myself for overlooking it)

Fully welding the sleeves previous to them breaking is highly suggested. The On The Rox kit is overkill for most but not completely unnecessary especially if your wheeling hard with a front locker or using wheel spacers.

And I really thought I was done spending money not even 20 minutes ago

Leslie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just looking at the Bilstein Series 125 size chart trying (without measuring) to get an idea of which shocks will work with the extended travel kit and 1.5" springs. Using 2.5" springs resulting in 4" of lift the shocks uses are 33-104645 with 10.17" travel, 15.91" compression length, 25.93 extended length. The factory lift with 3" of lift uses Bilstein shocks in the front with 8.45" travel, 14.13" compression length, and 22.58" total length. If I subtract 1" (2.5" springs - 1.5" springs) from the 25.93" extended length on shocks used on 4" lift i get 24.93". If you look at the attached 5125 series size chart this would point me to the 33-186542 shocks to be used with 1.5" springs. They are valved slightly firmer than what is used for the 4" lift but the 170/60 valving is not available. Is my logic correct and a good starting point?

Attachments

• Bilstein Series 5125.pdf
    336.8 KB · Views: 293

mcmacsten

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Currently running Max's front/rear shackle lift and long-travel kit is on the way so here are my comments and questions:

My goal is improved ride performance over lift as my Roxor is used 95% on the farm/ranch and we are consistently getting in and out of the vehicle.

Want to go with 1.5” springs that will give me 3” total lift – from what I read.

Will I be sacrificing ride comfort using 1.5” springs instead of 2.5” springs?

I can buy any YJ springs for years ’87 – ’95, same springs for front & back, and springs listed for use as spring over lift will also work for this lift. Correct?

Best manufacturer(s) to source springs from?

Do I need to buy spring bushings and if yes, point me in the right direction?

Want to use Bilstein shocks so what are part numbers?

Will my stock front driveshaft work with this amount of lift?

Plan on running 255/85/16 tires with spacers and already have front extended brake lines.

Am I forgetting anything?

Thanks to Max and other who can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking at getting the same kit when Max has more for sale and was wondering how yours turned out and what springs/shocks you ended up using?? I also farm for a living and it'll mostly be used on the farm, pastures, fields, and hwy. I also don't want a lot of lift, would actually prefer to keep it as low as possible. but still want a smoooooooth ride.

thanks for your time,
Mark

mcmacsten

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm looking at getting the same kit when Max has more for sale and was wondering how yours turned out and what springs/shocks you ended up using?? I also farm for a living and it'll mostly be used on the farm, pastures, fields, and hwy. I also don't want a lot of lift, would actually prefer to keep it as low as possible. but still want a smoooooooth ride.

thanks for your time,
Mark

Probably kick out another 5 kits in late may/June.

Any idea on when you'll get a few kits out?? looks like a slick ride

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

thanks for your time,
Mark
If you get stock height YJ springs, then you will end up with 2.5" of total lift. Get a stiffer rear spring if you are going to tow with it.

I used the same exact Rubicon Express springs that Max has, and the weight of my rear bumper/tire swing gate and back seats has squat it pretty good.

As far as which shocks to use, that's all going to depend on how much spring you get.

mcmacsten

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If you get stock height YJ springs, then you will end up with 2.5" of total lift. Get a stiffer rear spring if you are going to tow with it.

I used the same exact Rubicon Express springs that Max has, and the weight of my rear bumper/tire swing gate and back seats has squat it pretty good.

As far as which shocks to use, that's all going to depend on how much spring you get.

thank you, in the winter I haul and lot of wood around and in the summer I fix a lot of fence and haul 6x8 kresote post around so yeah I will probably need “heavier” rear springs.

Maybe a dumb question but how do I know the difference between say a standard stock height spring vs a heavy duty stock height spring?

And should I go with a standard stock height front spring? Or heavy in the front too?

also will going with the heavy duty springs negate the ride quality? Or just less travel?

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not really sure what the weight difference is. Probably for a couple hundred extra lbs for a swing gate and gear. I wouldn't worry about the front. Not even sure there are Heavy Duty front spring options.

Ride quality will probably be a little harder, but still far better than the short stock Roxor springs. There's no comparison..

Leslie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

thanks for your time,
Mark
I have not done mine yet but will definitely go with the 1.5“ springs. Was on the farm all of last week and once again constantly getting in and out and the wife would not be happy if I lifted it too high. I have another post on this thread where I selected what I believe would be the correct shocks and this is what I will go with. Most likely get to mine in October time frame. Very hot in Texas now and constantly using the Roxor. Plan is do the front first and move the longer front Climax shackles to rear and do rears when I have more time as the rear is more complicated. If I get to it earlier I will let you know.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Any idea on when you'll get a few kits out?? looks like a slick ride

Steel prices are killing me right now… a sheet went from $170 to my last order being $650 for a single sheet of 1/4 inch. I’ve really been hoping prices would come back down so I can spit out some more kits. But it still isn’t looking good. I was hopping to get 5 kits out every other month this year but it’s just not happening.

That being said I am in the presses of gathering everything for a new batch. Just not sure when it’ll be available.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

I remember you saying your rear shocks seemed a little long. I just installed a kit using 2.5 springs for Brian Brown and I agree the 33-104645 shocks are perfect for the front but are a little long for the rear. I ended up using 33-298726 shocks in the rear and they worked great. From what I understand these shocks are spec for the front of a stock height roxor. Might be worth trying out.

I don’t have a stock axled roxor to test these things out on. I only know what I’m told through feedback from you guys. I appreciate it.

9710ca8d9b76baf904f6f2be184a24bd.jpg

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I remember you saying your rear shocks seemed a little long. I just installed a kit using 2.5 springs for Brian Brown and I agree the 33-104645 shocks are perfect for the front but are a little long for the rear. I ended up using 33-298726 shocks in the rear and they worked great. From what I understand these shocks are spec for the front of a stock height roxor. Might be worth trying out.

I don’t have a stock axled roxor to test these things out on. I only know what I’m told through feedback from you guys. I appreciate it.

View attachment 9290

Pulling the trigger now on those. Thanks for the update.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Steel prices are killing me right now… a sheet went from $170 to my last order being $650 for a single sheet of 1/4 inch. I’ve really been hoping prices would come back down so I can spit out some more kits. But it still isn’t looking good. I was hopping to get 5 kits out every other month this year but it’s just not happening.

That being said I am in the presses of gathering everything for a new batch. Just not sure when it’ll be available.

Holy smokes! That's almost a 400% increase!