ooooooooooo

Block heater?

motormd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
diesel heater, I use one under my mahindra tractor. Heats up the engine and trans. Heats from the bottom , so oil and pan get warm and the heat then rises thru the engine. My tractor engine is always about 60 degrees before I start it. , even in 10 degree weather. This heater uses about a quart of fuel per hour, and I usually run it about an hour and a half before starting tractor.

MTCowboy

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think I will try the Kats in the lower radiator hose but does anyone know the diameter of the lower radiator hose or do I just need to pull it to figure out what I need?

2dutz2

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A52AAAAAVJA001435 1435
I did a search for Block Heater and nothing came up. I am moving to Alaska in March, and this engine is most definitely going to need a block heater. I haven't found anything from Mahindra at all. Has anyone installed one into a freeze plug? I'm not a fan of the heaters that are inline of the lower radiator hose.

2dutz2

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A52AAAAAVJA001435 1435
Best solution is a oil pan heater, that glues on or straps on the oil pan,110 volt ,3-500 watts. Dip stick etc. are junk. Mine starts easy to 0 degrees. Also a salamander stuck under the front will heat it up quickly.
Zero start electric pan heater , metal strap on. $100.00 or less. 300 Watts. There is a higher wattage available. Rc

MTCowboy

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Installed the Kats hose heater over the weekend. Was super easy and I tested and it worked great. It is still warm here (in the 30's F) but it heated my coolant in about 45 min and even my heater hoses were hot. The clearance was a little tight with the fan, one might move it closer to the water pump but I didn't want to fight the curves in the hose. We ran up into the mountains in my back yard and no issues climbing up even in the heavy snow all the way to Hoodoo Pass in the Bitterroots. We were the only wheeled veh up there with the snow mobiles. Pics attached, engine running.

Here is a link to Kats but they are out of stock. Maybe the auto parts has one in their warehouse. My 2019 lower hose is 1 1/2". I am adding one to my tractor as soon as I can get another.
Hose Heaters

Drain the coolant into clean bottles
Pull off the hose
Cut out 1" and splice in the hose heater
Reinstall positioning everything specifically the direction of the hose clamps for easy access (just minor cussing)
Tie up the cord and run out through the grill.
Refill and run for at least 20 min to bleed out any air before testing heater. I ran mine for hours then let sit overnight before testing Warning, it gets hot quick.

HoodooPassNov.jpg HoseHeater.jpg

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Installed the Kats hose heater over the weekend. Was super easy and I tested and it worked great. It is still warm here (in the 30's F) but it heated my coolant in about 45 min and even my heater hoses were hot. The clearance was a little tight with the fan, one might move it closer to the water pump but I didn't want to fight the curves in the hose. We ran up into the mountains in my back yard and no issues climbing up even in the heavy snow all the way to Hoodoo Pass in the Bitterroots. We were the only wheeled veh up there with the snow mobiles. Pics attached, engine running.

Here is a link to Kats but they are out of stock. Maybe the auto parts has one in their warehouse. My 2019 lower hose is 1 1/2". I am adding one to my tractor as soon as I can get another.
Hose Heaters

Drain the coolant into clean bottles
Pull off the hose
Cut out 1" and splice in the hose heater
Reinstall positioning everything specifically the direction of the hose clamps for easy access (just minor cussing)
Tie up the cord and run out through the grill.
Refill and run for at least 20 min to bleed out any air before testing heater. I ran mine for hours then let sit overnight before testing Warning, it gets hot quick.

View attachment 12966 View attachment 12967
That's sweet , never heard of them until now. Great rig !