ooooooooooo

Anyone out there ever get a Roxor registered as a UTV in Wisconsin?

Djrmt406

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That's all I received in Montana was a certificate of origin

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I know you don’t get issued a title like Michigan but does your certificate of origin say what it is than if not a UTV.

I would assume it just comes with an non-specific MSO from Mahindra. It might even say UTV on the MSO but I would assume it would still be the WI DNR (or individual States DNR) that governs it's UTV qualifications.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I would assume it just comes with an non-specific MSO from Mahindra. It might even say UTV on the MSO but I would assume it would still be the WI DNR (or individual States DNR) that governs it's UTV qualifications.
So basically you’re thinking if you buy one you’ll just get a certificate of origin that is a description of the vehicle with no classification. My MI title says ORV, not for Highway use.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I got the certificate of origin which said iff road only. When I titled it here in Oklahoma for off road the title I got is a standard green title with no designation looks just like my truck title

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Interesting because I have a title.

Ok , here is how it goes. Just about anything of size and substance that is used in Interstate commerence, and that is almost everything...like say a tractor etc will get an MSO that is given to the buyer when sold new. This has nothing to do with any state or governing authority . So , if you decide to plate your Roxor in say Mi. And the DMV agrees to issue plates , it’s the state who will generate a title , based on the MSO you got when you bought it from a dealer.. if the state refuses to recognize your vehicle you will not get a title. In Montana for another example you surrender the MSO to the DMV and they will generate a title that says specifically “ street legal “ on the title. The only other requirement is you must Cary proof of insurance , carried in the vehicle at all times. . In most states the manager of your local DMV will make a decision based on state guidelines, memos and direct orders whether or not your vehicle can be plated. In many cases the DMV will include requirements like inspection, evaluation from a trooper, Sheriff or local police person.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ok , here is how it goes. Just about anything of size and substance that is used in Interstate commerence, and that is almost everything...like say a tractor etc will get an MSO that is given to the buyer when sold new. This has nothing to do with any state or governing authority . So , if you decide to plate your Roxor in say Mi. And the DMV agrees to issue plates , it’s the state who will generate a title , based on the MSO you got when you bought it from a dealer.. if the state refuses to recognize your vehicle you will not get a title. In Montana for another example you surrender the MSO to the DMV and they will generate a title that says specifically “ street legal “ on the title. The only other requirement is you must Cary proof of insurance , carried in the vehicle at all times. . In most states the manager of your local DMV will make a decision based on state guidelines, memos and direct orders whether or not your vehicle can be plated. In many cases the DMV will include requirements like inspection, evaluation from a trooper, Sheriff or local police person.
I’m assuming you’re new to Michigan there is no DMV it’s called the Secretary of State. Getting a title through Michigan for say a Roxor has nothing to do with getting plates issued. Michigan issues titles for atv’s,dirt bikes, and even trailers over a certain weight. Tractors do not get issued a title or trailers under a certain weight but the trailer still has to be plated. But I’m not going to hijack this guys thread so I’ll leave it at that.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So basically you’re thinking if you buy one you’ll just get a certificate of origin that is a description of the vehicle with no classification. My MI title says ORV, not for Highway use.
I just looked a copy of the MSO on my Rox. Under description
I’m assuming you’re new to Michigan there is no DMV it’s called the Secretary of State. Getting a title through Michigan for say a Roxor has nothing to do with getting plates issued. Michigan issues titles for atv’s,dirt bikes, and even trailers over a certain weight. Tractors do not get issued a title or trailers under a certain weight but the trailer still has to be plated. But I’m not going to hijack this guys thread so I’ll leave it at that.

Correct , yes I am sorta new to Mi. Only been here 15 years this time. Been in and out of the State several times the last 60 years.. I used DMV as a generac, I know better. You are correct about getting a title on lots of vehicles....however you will NOT get a title unless you go into the Sec of state with your MSO or Certificate of origin and apply for a reg.. yes on small trailers, no title but yes on a plate anyway , ( I forgot that part of the Mi. Law.). I just got out my MSO and it does state off road , side by side..

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think we are getting too dependent on titles here. There are still non title states. In these states, like Georiga, you need to prove ownership, including Bill of sale and your registration which serves as a “title” . My intended comments started as there seemed to be we all had titles generated from the dealer.....when actually all we got with the Rox was a MSO ( again generic description) States do vary, like Montana when your new title comes with “ street Legal” on the title regardless what the MSO sales. What has not been said is the importance of vin numbers, especially on newer vehicles. The Roxor does not have a vin no...that is until your state issues a street legal title anyway. It’s hard to get around the vin no’s. , the original intent was to stop stolen vehicles from becoming legal again. Almost all cars,history can be traced by vin numbers. I remember we used to send away for an Alabama title and for a,few bucks they would issue a title on just about anything that moves and some that didn’t.
When

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The VIN is important in the whole process. Some states will be weird about plating or insuring a vehicle with no VIN. Also keep in mind, VINs came about around 1980, and pre-1980 used OEM unique serial numbers. Jeep used a few different numbering systems from the 40s through the 70s since they were owned by a few different companies.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
¡
The VIN is important in the whole process. Some states will be weird about plating or insuring a vehicle with no VIN. Also keep in mind, VINs came about around 1980, and pre-1980 used OEM unique serial numbers. Jeep used a few different numbering systems from the 40s through the 70s since they were owned by a few different companies.

Serial Numbers , a couple of words unknown to the younger set as a whole........old home week for me all those years in the old car hobby .

jack

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I have the same the same Question. After I legally tow mine to a (atv/utv) trail system, are they going to kick me out for looking like a jeep or being too big or too heavy.

jack

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Ps can I Legally Flat tow it though all 50 states with out a current license plate on it or do I have to tow on plated trailer.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the same the same Question. After I legally tow mine to a (atv/utv) trail system, are they going to kick me out for looking like a jeep or being too big or too heavy.

Probably. Most ATV trails around here are 2k weight. You can likely ride any logging or forest road here up into the yoop.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ps can I Legally Flat tow it though all 50 states with out a current license plate on it or do I have to tow on plated trailer.

This I don’t know, but if you plan on traveling a bunch with it, a dolly is prolly worth it.

NQILLC

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Great news, but not so fast to rejoice Midwesterner.........out west Montana is about as open as you can get, yet little rubs off around the West.