ooooooooooo

Anyone out there ever get a Roxor registered as a UTV in Wisconsin?

Peder53

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for the replies so far. I'm not really interested in registering it for the street. I don't think I would try to pass it off as an old CJ to get this done. The police here in WI don't have a sense of humor about shenanigans like that. Probably a good way to get a shiny new 4x4 taken away. I would just be happy to get it registered as a UTV and use it as the Roxox was intended. It's looking like that really isn't an option without taking some artistic massaging of the law. - Mark
I live in Western Wi and went to the DNR office, they said no way, so I told them it’s getting a slow moving vehicle sign because it doesn’t fit any category, they agreed. I don’t want to go on atv trails, just the town roads that are open, if I don’t go over 25 mph I’m good to go.

tom

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
i would purchase a roxor black weather package...if i could find one,,
seems nobody has any,,,
there is one for sale in mi street licensed.. i wonder if it also has a title, wi will not title without a title, i think
and if they would open up some of the snowmobile trails, that would generate much monies for the state.
snowmobilers had 53 days of legal riding on the trails thats all

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Tom mine is registered properly in WI. Street legal and not using phony tiny plates or MI tagged or anything weird. I did all the paperwork through Madison. PM me, and we can chat. I'm an hour west of you btw.

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have the same the same Question. After I legally tow mine to a (atv/utv) trail system, are they going to kick me out for looking like a jeep or being too big or too heavy.
As long as you have an ohv sticker on it and have paid the fees, you should be good. It is marketed as an utv.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
As long as you have an ohv sticker on it and have paid the fees, you should be good. It is marketed as an utv.

We have a neat trail system here in WI, so he's likely wanting to use that. You can't however, since the Rox weight more than 2k lbs. Aka why the DNR said no.

tom

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Tom mine is registered properly in WI. Street legal and not using phony tiny plates or MI tagged or anything weird. I did all the paperwork through Madison. PM me, and we can chat. I'm an hour west of you btw.
that sounds fantastic. street legal is what i am looking for...
whats your PM i am in sugar camp about 10 miles north of rhinelander
thanx
tom k

WhatsDaPoint

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Great news, but not so fast to rejoice Midwesterner.........out west Montana is about as open as you can get, yet little rubs off around the West.
Probably. Most ATV trails around here are 2k weight. You can likely ride any logging or forest road here up into the yoop.
UTV law changed in Wisconsin. Weight is now 3000 and low pressure tires are not a requirement.
I just ordered my nonresident UTV trail tag.
Weight is empty weight from factory. My 2022 base model is 2990 lbs. ? The all weather model is 3300.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
UTV law changed in Wisconsin. Weight is now 3000 and low pressure tires are not a requirement.
I just ordered my nonresident UTV trail tag.
Weight is empty weight from factory. My 2022 base model is 2990 lbs. ? The all weather model is 3300.
INTERESTING. VERY interesting..

WhatsDaPoint

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
INTERESTING. VERY interesting..
Took mine to the local grain coop. I have added mirrors, bikini top and turn signal kit. It weighed exactly 3000.
The Wisconsin law is dry weight as equipped from factory. I had gas, oil and fluids in it when it was weighed, so it is definitely under 3000 dry weight.
IMG_7201.jpeg