ooooooooooo

Affordable Option to Doors

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I actually can't right now- but here is the OTR PDF on the windshield- page 7
Windshield+Frame+With+Wipers+Instruction+Manual.pdf

However, I don't see a reason why you can't bolt the window frame with a rubber washer to the roll bar and eliminate the tube clamps. I just checked and the holes in the frame line up in the roll bars.

Last edited:

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you get a chance, can you take a picture of the clamps and where they are. Will help in the next phase of “design”.

cac0fdbd1c67dac40eab2a198908f2bf.jpg
09ef6dc4044cbf540231b8dc79d922bb.jpg

Tape was flat on the dash going up to clamp.

HVSKERZ

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How long to get a set made and shipped to Nebraska?
I would also be interested in winter doors with the window... Any idea on price and when those may be available?

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This is completely awesome! Great looking half doors but I’m going to wait to see what full door looks like. Up in northern Canada half the year is garbage weather, really want to keep elements out. Overall awesome job, cardboard really helps me visualize it! Keep on keeping on!

The way I see things, over half the fun goes away when the Rox becomes enclosed. All I need is a solid half door, ya roll up glass would be nice but not when the “ open look “ goes away when you start framing. . Frameless glass was used on Jeeps, the CJ 7 I think as an option. I saw a pair in Texas this winter but the restorer would not sell em unless I bought the entire Jeep , restored ! I was surprised how thick and heavy the doors were. Windows was down so I only guess they were frameless glass. I bought a CJ 7 new in 1975 for my wife......girlfriend then . We were happy with the cloth door and plastic zipper but I was looking at half doors as an add on. ......for us , we are along the shore of Lake Superior in the rugged western upper Mi. so the elements can be ruff in over half the year...actually my fix was to spend 1200.00 on a Canada Goose parka, best in the world, like living in my own climate zone !

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
View attachment 3608View attachment 3609

Tape was flat on the dash going up to clamp.
I think I can work around that. The only thing is that the way the roll bar attaches to the one around the window frame, it’s going to leave a gap in the corner at top left (on driver side) between the door and the soft top. Fortress made their tops to extend over this area which will help keep the rain and wind out.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How long to get a set made and shipped to Nebraska?
I would also be interested in winter doors with the window... Any idea on price and when those may be available?
I can have a set of half doors ready to ship by the end of next week. Just need your zip and I’ll tell you how much shipping would be. As for the full doors, I am hoping to have the material in hand the first of next week and start building the first set. I expect to be able to ship out full doors with plexiglass windows and pillars by the first or second week of May. There is a lot more HDPE material used to make these but I am going to try really hard to keep the cost under $1,000 for a set. I’ll keep everyone posted on that.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I can have a set of half doors ready to ship by the end of next week. Just need your zip and I’ll tell you how much shipping would be. As for the full doors, I am hoping to have the material in hand the first of next week and start building the first set. I expect to be able to ship out full doors with plexiglass windows and pillars by the first or second week of May. There is a lot more HDPE material used to make these but I am going to try really hard to keep the cost under $1,000 for a set. I’ll keep everyone posted on that.

I know the Wranglers are quite different , but does anyone seen the half doors Jeep offers . I think the option is around 2100, and it is all steel, with glass . .?

HVSKERZ

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Any update on the full doors?
Shipping would be to 68370

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Any update on the full doors?
Shipping would be to 68370
Been busy with my real job lately but I did finally receive the shipment with the larger HDPE panels needed to make the full doors this week. I will be working in the shop on Tuesday to try and get the first set done. I’ll post some pictures along the way.

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I purchased a set of Jeepish’s half doors, and I’m very impressed. My roxor is dirty and they have some water on them in the picture, but they are very well made, look great, and are much cheaper than the Mahindra ones. I highly recommend them.

A9C8C2CD-F5CD-4C20-9B5C-281F1E2D38E8.jpeg 4EC05FCB-A94F-45C3-B17B-E2B8469CF6CC.jpeg 26E91371-505F-4675-8030-73891461D0D6.jpeg

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Those look terrific. What’s a set of those going to cost.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Been working on this today. I only have one made but I like the way they fit around the roll bar and tuck under the fortress top. Should do a good job at keeping the rain off as they are without adding any weatherstripping. I test drive it down the road a ways and was really surprised at how much wind it cut down on even with just one door on!

I’m not crazy about the plexiglass because it scratches easily but at least I’ve got a pattern to get some tempered glass cut.
Also, I’m going to order the window trim in a bronze color. Should blend with the door a lot better.
One more thing: because they are plastic, they are a bit flexible. After lunch I’m going to weld up a steel stiffener to add to the inside to give the door some strength. What do you think so far?

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Those look terrific. What’s a set of those going to cost.
Thanks! I’d have to sit down and figure up my material cost and see how much time I think it’s going to take. I’d really love to sell them in the $1,000 range but I’m going to have to see. Definitely want to use tempered glass instead of plexiglass.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Been working on this today. I only have one made but I like the way they fit around the roll bar and tuck under the fortress top. Should do a good job at keeping the rain off as they are without adding any weatherstripping. I test drive it down the road a ways and was really surprised at how much wind it cut down on even with just one door on!

I’m not crazy about the plexiglass because it scratches easily but at least I’ve got a pattern to get some tempered glass cut.
Also, I’m going to order the window trim in a bronze color. Should blend with the door a lot better.
One more thing: because they are plastic, they are a bit flexible. After lunch I’m going to weld up a steel stiffener to add to the inside to give the door some strength. What do you think so far?
I wonder if some pipe insulation on the roll bar would help keep the rain out while driving. Nice job. Very impressed by your creativity and fabrication.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wonder if some pipe insulation on the roll bar would help keep the rain out while driving. Nice job. Very impressed by your creativity and fabrication.

The foam padding made specifically for roll cages will be denser and probably seal better and last longer.

B

Bister

This is my old Rhino, my brother and I made doors/cabs for them. Our whole door was Lexan with a 3/4" tubing frame. I thought about that for the Roxor. They scratched a bit, but they were light and easily removable. I painted the bottom inside of mine black.

I have video of them on my Youtube channel. They served me for many winters.

IMG_1046.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That’s not a bad idea. The door does rattle a little against the roll bar towards the back.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is my old Rhino, my brother and I made doors/cabs for them. Our whole door was Lexan with a 3/4" tubing frame. I thought about that for the Roxor. They scratched a bit, but they were light and easily removable. I painted the bottom inside of mine black.

I have video of them on my Youtube channel. They served me for may winters.

View attachment 3819
I think I’m going to have to weld something all the way around and attach to the inside of the door to make it a little more rigid. Piddled with it a little more this afternoon.
1532B8C5-845B-4100-8477-BEB89EBBC572.jpeg
47752AEE-C21A-45C7-81FE-B874F2975295.jpeg
64C41ED2-D012-458B-985F-6CDFF260C128.jpeg
96251AB3-C5DF-4F44-A64A-0364F3EDD962.jpeg