ooooooooooo

Affordable Option to Doors

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’ve been working on this for a while but I feel like I have come up with a more affordable option to Roxor half doors. I am building these doors out of 3/4” High Density Plastic that is pebble grained. The color is throughout the product so you don’t have to worry about paint scratching. The texture looks and feels like the bed liner inside the Roxor. Hinges are painted black but are stainless. Latches are plastic slam latches and they are holding up really well on my Roxor. There is nothing on these doors to rust or corrode. Each set is custom made in my shop and will come to you ready to install with all attachment hardware and weatherstripping included. Takes less than 10 minutes to install.

Ready to install Doors- $499 + shipping
Door blanks (no hardware)- $399 + shipping

If you’d like me to get started on a set for you, send me a private message. Thanks for your interest and feedback.
DD0ABCBC-0C1F-40A8-AEA5-9C0ED90F3295.jpeg
3032A72B-3A33-4E69-8F19-B6E16CD96ECD.jpeg
DAAACAA7-F684-4F51-8D48-006E4C463DC2.jpeg

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Can we see the other side? Trying to see How hard would it be to attach a plastic window or clear panel above that. Looks very nice as it.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Can we see the other side? Trying to see How hard would it be to attach a plastic window or clear panel above that. Looks very nice as it.
I’ve already shipped this set out but the inside is identical to the outside. The ones I’ve got on my Roxor are made of a different material but basically the same. I have been toying around with the idea of making some with windows. I like the CJ7 sliding style windows but I get hung up on the fact that they really don’t have any way to seal. I have a bunch of plexiglass and may see what I can come up with just for shits and giggles. I’ll keep you posted.

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Those of us where snow happens would appreciate the window. Obviously I don’t know what’s involved in your manufacturing this, but making the door “full size” with a window cutout may work well for us in winter. Looking forward to what you come up with.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Those of us where snow happens would appreciate the window. Obviously I don’t know what’s involved in your manufacturing this, but making the door “full size” with a window cutout may work well for us in winter. Looking forward to what you come up with.
Been a few years since we’ve seen snow here in LA (lower Alabama) but I can respect and understand wanting to keep out the elements. Right now my “manufacturing” is only limited by my imagination. I’m about 95% sure I could come up with something that would work. I may play around with some plywood until I get it right.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’d like to see the top line more Jeep like with the slant near the hinges and the door tub height back. Then an upper could be built. Maybe some 1/8” plastic could be used to make a seal surface going from the roll bar forward to the that triangle bar and to the top roll bar. Or remove that triangle bar and use a custom curved panel to replace it and seal the upper. It’d also give a good start on a modular cab system. Half cab the back or build off of it for a full soft top. Thinking how the TJ tops had that plastic piece that tucked in the window surround. Even without an upper seal surface it would be great for keeping the wide and rain off you when wheeling/driving.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Spending a little time in the shop today working on a template for a full door/pillar. I am confident that I will be able to make something that will work. Attached are pictures of my very rough and very first attempts at a template out of cardboard and some scrap HDPE for a pillar. The shoulder roll protectors and the pegs they attach to will need to be removed to create a full pillar. I have the fortress top and windshield, but I think with these full doors/pillars and a CJ7 wind jammer you could be real close to a half cab for 1/2 the price. Im going to order some larger HDPE and get to work on a set. Going to use 2 pc of clear plexiglass that overlap in the middle so you can slide for the windows. Thoughts, concerns?

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just a few thoughts here-
1) Extend the side rearwards a bit (cover the rollbar) to have the half cab setup that people are looking for that would work with the OTR and Fortress roofs.
2) Without knowing the design/material limitations, could the upper part cover the rollball in front and rollbar/ roof area for better weather sealing?
3) One of two piece removable window would be nice, but not a deal breaker for those of us in snow country. You in LA may feel differently.

Even made of cardboard it looks like a winner!

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just a few thoughts here-
1) Extend the side rearwards a bit (cover the rollbar) to have the half cab setup that people are looking for that would work with the OTR and Fortress roofs.
2) Without knowing the design/material limitations, could the upper part cover the rollball in front and rollbar/ roof area for better weather sealing?
3) One of two piece removable window would be nice, but not a deal breaker for those of us in snow country. You in LA may feel differently.

Even made of cardboard it looks like a winner!
Thanks for the feedback. Yea was planning on extending the side “pillar” all the way back to the roll bar. Going to make this piece a permanent fixture. I’ve got a plan for the two piece windows I think will work. Im hoping to get started on them towards the end of the week and will post pictures along the way. Even though our cooler temperatures are long gone, I actually like the idea of full doors. Im thinking the first set may have to stay on my machine.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looks great. Didn’t expect you to fab up something based on my ideas, especially so quick. Personally I’ll probably never run a half hard cab but a half soft cab that mated up close with the factory bikini would be awesome for our winters in south Texas. I really dig the idea of a modular top system whether it’s soft or hard. Let’s folks acquire what they need at a lower cost or a little at a time.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks! Cardboard was a little short but enough to get a visual. I agree that a cab system that’s a little more customizable would be better. Lower cost is something we can all agree on!

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a soft top right now. Will eventually work up to a hard top and half cab.
FWIW the back cab wall looks pretty simple. The OtR photos released seem to show its in two sections that mount to the roll bar. A short section at the bottom with the wheel well cutouts and the rest as a square section.

srslidins14

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Does the 3/4” material allow for some type of rubber seal around the edge to keep it from rattling and help stop some water/debris intrusion around the edge and keeping the door flush?

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes it does. I have attached a picture of what I use with the doors. Makes a tight seal and there’s no noise or rattling when driving. One roll does both doors
BCAF5109-35C7-4D08-A63D-A323D03F1093.jpeg

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
FYI. I have the OTR windshield and it looks like it mounts very close to how the fortress is. I do have two rollbar clamps that are mounted high on the side on the OTR windshield that it looks like fortress doesnt

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
FYI. I have the OTR windshield and it looks like it mounts very close to how the fortress is. I do have two rollbar clamps that are mounted high on the side on the OTR windshield that it looks like fortress doesnt
If you get a chance, can you take a picture of the clamps and where they are. Will help in the next phase of “design”.

Manitobaroxor

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
This is completely awesome! Great looking half doors but I’m going to wait to see what full door looks like. Up in northern Canada half the year is garbage weather, really want to keep elements out. Overall awesome job, cardboard really helps me visualize it! Keep on keeping on!