ooooooooooo

4 Passenger ROPS Install

Tokarev

Good afternoon.

I recently bought the new straigh roll bar arms and C pillar kit for my ROXOR with the idea of adding a back seat. The original 45° bar pieces came off the no issues.

The new straight bar on the passenger side fits fine. Bolt holes line up and everything seems to be in order. But the driver side bar holes won't line up with the B pillar. The top two bolt holes are probably close to 1/4" from being lined up with each other.

Before I get a drill out and open the bolt holes I thought I'd ask here for some pointers if anyone has had a similar experience.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Unfortunately they are all like that. I had 4 passenger rops that I swapped out the sport rops. I had a time getting the passenger side to line up. Was able with some crystal blue persuasion. It will line up to the existing holes you will just need to do alittle fighting. I have the original 4 seater high back seat that I'm trying to sell for half the price as the new one.

Tokarev

Just talked to Dustin at Sherwood. It sounds like MANA may have gotten a bad batch of 4-passenger ROPS from their supplier. He says I'm the 5th person to call and complain about the fitment. No word yet on how MANA will go about providing a fix.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had those rops, the fix is a prybar and some force.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Don’t know about a bad batch. I guess it depends on batch size. I bought one that was discounted due to scratches/chips in the powder coat from shipping. It was exactly like described here. i just drilled/wallowed out the holes to make it fit. Bought mine 2 years ago. So the batch had to have been huge if that’s the case.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The guy I swapped rops for had the same issue putting my 4 passenger rops on where his sport rops used to be. I was able to make it work with out drilling

Mpm

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I was one of the guys that got a bad set from Sherwood/Roxor. My scenario was a bit different though. After waiting 10 weeks, I got the shipment but it included 2 right side ROPS bars. One was a perfect fit and the other would’ve required some filing. Waited another 6 weeks to get a replacement. All I needed was a left bar but they sent another full set. The “new” left side bar did require some filing to fit the B and C pillars. I had received the full soft top after 6 weeks and finally got it installed after 16 weeks, due to this rear ROPS issue with QC from Roxor. Obviously, it took some patience on my part but Sherwood (Dustin) was good to work with. All in all, it was worth the wait and the full top is outstanding.
A8028F42-0B76-4F94-9CDD-E8985A817818.jpeg

Tokarev

I was one of the guys that got a bad set from Sherwood/Roxor. My scenario was a bit different though. After waiting 10 weeks, I got the shipment but it included 2 right side ROPS bars. One was a perfect fit and the other would’ve required some filing. Waited another 6 weeks to get a replacement. All I needed was a left bar but they sent another full set. The “new” left side bar did require some filing to fit the B and C pillars. I had received the full soft top after 6 weeks and finally got it installed after 16 weeks, due to this rear ROPS issue with QC from Roxor. Obviously, it took some patience on my part but Sherwood (Dustin) was good to work with. All in all, it was worth the wait and the full top is outstanding.View attachment 9069View attachment 9069

View attachment 9069
Looks nice. Who's windshield?

Mpm

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It’s a Dirt Warrior fixed windshield. I really like the vents. I was fairly concerned about how it would fit with the roxor (bestop) soft top but it worked out very well with some minor modification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was one of the guys that got a bad set from Sherwood/Roxor. My scenario was a bit different though. After waiting 10 weeks, I got the shipment but it included 2 right side ROPS bars. One was a perfect fit and the other would’ve required some filing. Waited another 6 weeks to get a replacement. All I needed was a left bar but they sent another full set. The “new” left side bar did require some filing to fit the B and C pillars. I had received the full soft top after 6 weeks and finally got it installed after 16 weeks, due to this rear ROPS issue with QC from Roxor. Obviously, it took some patience on my part but Sherwood (Dustin) was good to work with. All in all, it was worth the wait and the full top is outstanding.View attachment 9069View attachment 9069

View attachment 9069
Nice shell, looks good.

Tokarev

There's just no lining up the top two holes in the B pillar on the driver's side. The mounting bracket is simply too short.

I may be able to drill the holes out but looking at how far I'd have to go likely means new bolts or adding washers. It might be better to cut some elongated slots rather than auger the holes out.

Other options include simply welding the bar to the pillar, cutting the bracket off and welding a longer one in place, ignoring the problem and leaving to top bolts out or simply putting the original ROPS back on.

I'll call Sherwood again in the morning to see if they've been able to get any additional info from MANA.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I personally cut off the center pillar brackets and welded them the way I wanted the Rops.

secretv

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I've also installed them and had to make mine work with someone's assistance and a little bit of leverage. I found that bolting them loose at first just enough so they grab threads allowed for more "play" when getting everything to "line" up. It was still a struggle though and I bought mine a while back.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have the seat for the 4 passenger rox it came with mine anyone want to buy it for way less than what they go for new. Very little use on mine, just sits there and looks pretty

Tokarev

Finally, after months of waiting, I received a new B pillar and driver side fore and aft bar. New parts fit as they should.

Thanks to Matt Gostek at Roxor for finally getting things sorted.

BillB

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I recently replaced the sloping ROPS with a the 4 seat ROPS. The R/H B pillar upper bolt holes didn't line up. I took a close look at the sloping ROPS bars that were removed, and noticed that the upper R/H B pillar holes had been elongated slightly, probably during assembly in Michigan. I did a similar elongation of the corresponding holes on the 4 seat ROPS, installed all the bolts loosely, and then systematically tightened everything up. All OK.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I went from full cage to the to sport rops and had that same problem. But nothing alittle persuasion from a small pry bar couldn't fix