ooooooooooo

2023 losing coolant

23Roxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a 23’ 2.7 that I’ve added water to several times and it just keeps going down. Can’t find leaks anywhere and have no idea what purple coolant it has. Looks like coolant is brown/burnt in the rad. It has a whole 20hrs and 55 miles on it. All easy and never overheated.

Any ideas?

IMG_4122.jpeg IMG_4123.jpeg image.jpg

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a 23’ 2.7 that I’ve added water to several times and it just keeps going down. Can’t find leaks anywhere and have no idea what purple coolant it has. Looks like coolant is brown/burnt in the rad. It has a whole 20hrs and 55 miles on it. All easy and never overheated.

Any ideas?

View attachment 13265 View attachment 13266 View attachment 13267
Im not an expert, but when I’ve seen the radiator look like that, it’s been rust in it. Get another opinion, but maybe flush your radiator

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Any ideas?

I would hope that is dexcool orange. Either way, if unknown I'd flush it out and add new correct coolant.

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Any ideas?

I just checked my 2023 I got on the 13th of last month, only driven once it’s the same way, purple in the overflow, burnt orange in the radiator. I’m just going to be safe and flush it out

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Any ideas?

I drained my radiator, and purple fluid came shooting out I think it’s was rust, I’d only driven it a few times and I took it very easy. It’s flushed with new antifreeze now.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Coolant is JISK2234. Typically pink/asain vehicle.
How's your oil look?

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Oil is great, coolant was purple. Everyone else with 2023 seems to have to same color. My 2018 is pink coolant, but it’s the 2.5, 2023 is 2.7 engine

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
D3306 is the Mahindra spec in the 2022 operators guide. The 2023 only say lo/ no silicate 50/50

13274-53b2ffc19795da7c3a2e1118d14d7338.jpg

Zerex has the D3306 rating. No idea what the orange coolant that is in the radiator. Mine was low when I got it. The dealer filled it up and I verified it was full when I left. After a bit of driving (100 miles) is was low again, ( only to the low mark). My guess is that the factory does not leak check the heater core. Now that I leave it open, my level has not gone down since.

CRP

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine is doing the same thing I think, just bought it used (2023, 140 miles on it). The dealer said when they checked it over they had to add coolant. After 40 more miles, now at the low mark. My fluid in the radiator looked orange too but noticed the few drops on the cap were actually purple. Take a sample out of the radiator and I think it may actually be purple. I saw your post and knew about the orange look so I was somewhat aware of the color change. I did not take any coolant directly out of the radiator and am not around my Roxor for several days to re check. Also did not see any place obviously leaking.

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine is doing the same thing I think, just bought it used (2023, 140 miles on it). The dealer said when they checked it over they had to add coolant. After 40 more miles, now at the low mark. My fluid in the radiator looked orange too but noticed the few drops on the cap were actually purple. Take a sample out of the radiator and I think it may actually be purple. I saw your post and knew about the orange look so I was somewhat aware of the color change. I did not take any coolant directly out of the radiator and am not around my Roxor for several days to re check. Also did not see any place obviously leaking.
Curious if you have the heater. Could be like mine. After using the heater a few times, the coolant level stopped dropping. I think air was trapped in the heater core.

WY_ROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the heater, and mine is clearly leaking from that area, I see red coolant stained around the hose clamps and can see it on the side of the block. This summer I’ll be taking them all off and putting new clamps on all the hoses.

WY_ROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Most days when I look under the Roxor in the garage, there is a little puddle of coolant, along with seeing red wet spots on the front axel where it’s dripping.

CRP

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine has a heater so I'll check to see if I am leaking coolant from hat system. I have had it mostly outside on gravel and it rained a lot so I can't see if there is coolant on the ground. It's parked in a Conex now, that is where it will be stored so vermin don't eat stuff up on it. Not going to be around it until the end of the month due to vacation and work but I'll update when I look underneath it after being parked for awhile. Thanks for the input all!!!

CRP

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Final update...sorry, forgot to get back with everyone. I had to fill the reservoir about 1 1/2 times so that plus some additional coolant the dealer had to add before I picked it up. Looks like all it needed was about 2 to 2 1/2 times filling the reservoir from low to full to top the system off. I've put 150 more miles on it since my last fill with no change in the reservoir level. Never found any leaks, mine is the HD All Weather version.

Thanks again all for the advice!

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Final update...sorry, forgot to get back with everyone. I had to fill the reservoir about 1 1/2 times so that plus some additional coolant the dealer had to add before I picked it up. Looks like all it needed was about 2 to 2 1/2 times filling the reservoir from low to full to top the system off. I've put 150 more miles on it since my last fill with no change in the reservoir level. Never found any leaks, mine is the HD All Weather version.

Thanks again all for the advice!
Yours turned out like mine. Good news.