ooooooooooo

2023 HD OBD port location

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Never considered encryption. My bet is HD protocol. Take a look at your Mahindra tractor again and look for a 9 or 6 pin round diagnostic port. If you find either of those, then your tractor is using an HD protocol. See if your tractor has the same ECM as your Roxor, if so, it is likely the Roxor is also using the HD protocol and all you will need is an adapter harness to connect an HD scanner. That is the test I want to run, unfortunately I will not have the chance until late February to run the test.

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I saw a video of a guy pulling what looked like an obd2 port out from under the dash area. I had nothing like that on my 5555. I will open the hood and take the dash panel off today for a better look. I think I can see the ecm under the dash.

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The connector may be under the hood. On my Cat it is in the engine compartment.
I opened the hood and removed the left side panel. I found a standard obd2 port on my tractor. Obdlink bluetooth worked with the torque app. Coolant temp and rpm anyway. I found 1 code no related to diesel, I was able to clear. Hooking the same equipment to the 23 Roxor gives me a power light and a fault light. The communication light never illuminates.

20240128_111031.jpg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
With your tractor using a standard OBD2 connector and your scan tool communicating with it, your tractor is not using the HD protocol like my CAT. Your scanner on the 2.7L HD is failing to communicate just like mine. There is still a chance that the Roxor is using the HD protocol like my CAT, I will find out the next time I am at my ranch, unfortunately it will still be awhile before I can get down there.

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wouldn't mind spending a few hundred dollars for another scan tool if I knew I could use it one day. No rush to find out what I need to get. I'll just enjoy to ride for the time being. It was warm enough to check the air-conditioning today. Thanks for the reply.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You guys are overthinking this. wades been trying to crack the code. Call him and see if he know is of a way to get a scanner/code reader hooked up. He should have that much figured out already.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Wade returned my call today. He has not tried it, but agrees that the ScanGauge D would likely work with the appropriate adapter. He said that when he gets time and can build an adaptor he will test the 2.7L ECM to see if his HD OBDII scanners will communicate with it. If successful, then the ScanGauge D should work with appropriate adapter. I don't believe that there is any chance of getting a ScanGauge 2 or 3 to ever work with the 2.7L ECM as I think it is a different communication protocol. The ScanGauge folks were not helpful and not interested in updating the communication protocols in the ScanGauge 2 or 3 to work. They suggested I just buy a ScanGauge D. I bought an HD OBDII bi-directional scanner for use on my Compact Track Loader. The next time I am at my ranch, I will test it and let everyone know the results. Don't go out and buy any ScanGauges for the 2.7L ECM yet.
I am at my ranch this week and tested my new HD OBD bi-directional scanner on the 2023 HDUV with 2.7L engine. No Joy. Tried all of the OBD II and HD OBD II protocols and could not establish a connection. I am out of ideas and options. Someone like Wade is going to have to help us out on this, as this is beyond my simple capability. Maybe the ECU is encrypted as lost1wing has suggested.