ooooooooooo

2022 all weather heater is not getting warm

Barnboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My heater is not getting warm. It would never keep up on a cold day. I checked the flow through the heater control valve and I'm getting flow. The lines inside feel cool like there is no flow but that is not the case. I'm wondering if the thermostat is on the lower side, maybe something they would use on the standard model. So question to you heater owners, Does your heater run you out or is it Luke warm like mine.

Barnboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I called the dealership and had them test another all weather unit and they had the same issue and was going to consult with Mahindra. I'm kinda wondering if that heater bypass valve isn't allowing enough flow through the heater core and diverting to the bypass.

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
You might have air trapped in the heater core. Make sure your cooling system is topped off, and open the valve to its hottest setting and try running it up and down the road with some steep hills, if you have any in Oklahoma, and see if you can't work out that air pocket. They generally work themselves out within a half hour or hour or so of driving, and if they haven't by then, you'll have to try and bleed the system. Check also to see if the hoses have a dip in them that could trap air. Air will not flow downhill, and it will sit with that air pocket in the core.

Mortman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just got my 2022 Roxor and same issue. Fan blowing and no heat. Is it possible
There is a valve under dash that could be closed. Maybe not turned on from factory ?? Just trying to brainstorm.

Mortman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I called the dealership and had them test another all weather unit and they had the same issue and was going to consult with Mahindra. I'm kinda wondering if that heater bypass valve isn't allowing enough flow through the heater core and diverting to the bypass.
I have same issue on my 22. Wondering if there may be another on off valve under dash somewhere.

tom

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
mine is a 2020 with heat and air.. both work beautifully. my temp never gets above 150
installed a set of gauges purchased from the Grand Wizard here on the site
gonna send him my ecm for a upgrade,,,,mine runs 60 plus huge tires 265-75-16
trying to build mine more for the street rather than off road,n.. oh mine has a slush box, nice. !!

Barnboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Tonight I pulled the heater hoses off and tried blowing air through the core. No air would pass through from either side. Something is wrong with the core. I'm calling the dealership Tuesday

Barnboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yep it's a plug's on the core.

PXL_20221106_024241143.jpg PXL_20221106_024247250.jpg

Barnboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You will need to remove the heater hoses and pull the rubber plugs out. It's not an easy task. I didn't remove my dash all the way and it was a one handed one eye kinda a job. It would be much easier to remove the dash if your ambitious. I had to cut the hoses and replace them. The factory didn't leave any extra hose.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@Barnboy: that’s a case of someone not installing the heater properly.
Someone on this board will appreciate you digging into this and figuring out the issue.

Reactions: 1BB

Roxorham

Roxor #
@Barnboy: that’s a case of someone not installing the heater properly.
Someone on this board will appreciate you digging into this and figuring out the issue.
My dealer is repairing this week. He had 5 on the lot all no heat. the heater knob had green dot with check mark. Someone not doing proper check on production line. Major screw up.

ramrod

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
did mine tonight ,had the plugs left in it and was under a little pressure was not expecting that lol

Barnboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Did you have to replace the heater hose? Mine was too short after I cut them off. Glad you now have heat ?

Roxorham

Roxor #
Factory didn’t pull shipping plugs from heater. I had dealer do mine last week. 2 hours to cool off, then drop the ac box find hoses then pull plugs out. Heater works now. Big production line snafu. Mahindra knows about it. Dealer had 5 units and one delivered with same. Rubber shipping plugs from vintage air In heater core.

ramrod

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
no i had enough and assume you ask because there is no way to get the dam hose off other then cut them tight FN things off and have to cut and 1" or so off,but if i had to do it again prob would do cj tuffy glove box at the same time and use the opening to repair lol

bulldog89801

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks to everyone for the information. My new (2 week old) 2022 Roxor is headed back to the dealership in St. George, Utah for the necessary repairs. SMFH... The repair is free (they say it's about a 6 hour job to drop the unit) , but it a 320 mile drive plus a night in a hotel. The service department had never heard of the issue but the sales manager chimed in and said it had to come back to them in order to not void the warranty... Sorry, just venting! Crapp first post, I know but it just goes to show that quality control no longer "king" in the market place. 🤣

ramrod

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
did they get it fixed,I did mine for some reason i felt nervous for the dealer doing it ,took about 2-3 hours if you take your time

bulldog89801

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I found a dealer in Reno, they hooked me up and had it all done in about 4 hours. Now we have heat!