ooooooooooo

2019 Roxor - Pros & Cons

BigRigRich

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Looking at a 2019 manual trans with about 5k miles.

1.) Anything in particular I need to pay attention to when I go to inspect it? I've been around diesel trucks and tractors all my life, but this is a new adventure for this old truck hand.
2.) I can tell in the picture it does have a tow hitch. How can I find out the towing capacity? I have a small single axle trailer rigged out as a fire rig. It has a 250 gallon water tote and a 2" predator water transfer pump and 50 feet of firehose. I'd say all in it weighs 2500 pounds. Fires out here are no joke, and this year is already real dry!!
3.) The unit a hard cab. Any idea how hard it is to take off and put back on? In the winter I would use it. for sure.

Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

I plan to use the little beast on my little farm in West Texas taking the Grand Daughter spot lighting and fishing.

I bet she'll be one of the only kids in her generation, that knows how to drive a stick.

She already can steer Jenny the tractor like a pro.
2019 Roxor Pic 1.jpg

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

1.) Anything in particular I need to pay attention to when I go to inspect it? I've been around diesel trucks and tractors all my life, but this is a new adventure for this old truck hand.
2.) I can tell in the picture it does have a tow hitch. How can I find out the towing capacity? I have a small single axle trailer rigged out as a fire rig. It has a 250 gallon water tote and a 2" predator water transfer pump and 50 feet of firehose. I'd say all in it weighs 2500 pounds. Fires out here are no joke, and this year is already real dry!!
3.) The unit a hard cab. Any idea how hard it is to take off and put back on? In the winter I would use it. for sure.

I plan to use the little beast on my little farm in West Texas taking the Grand Daughter spot lighting and fishing.

I bet she'll be one of the only kids in her generation, that knows how to drive a stick.

View attachment 13452
I believe the towing capacity is 3450lbs

Busted Knuckles

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Where in West Texas? I am near Lubbock, I have a 2019 bare bones with a stick, I wouldn't think it would have any issues pulling the trailer you're describing. You can get a tune for $300 - $600 that'll double the horsepower and torque. That little diesel already has plenty of grunt, though - I can drop the clutch with the trans in second and it just chugs right along!

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

View attachment 13452
Nice cab !!
Check all the fluids and look for water contamination, I find that if the rig has spent time In deep water you will have contamination.
It will tow 3450 lbs , you can get hitches for it but I would suggest one that ties into your frame. I have heard that the one that only bolts onto the center spot will bend. See attached picture for hitch idea.

Screenshot_20230411-024003_Chrome.jpg

BigRigRich

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Nice cab !!
Check all the fluids and look for water contamination, I find that if the rig has spent time In deep water you will have contamination.
It will tow 3450 lbs , you can get hitches for it but I would suggest one that ties into your frame. I have heard that the one that only bolts onto the center spot will bend. See attached picture for hitch idea.

View attachment 13453
Thanks

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Nice cab !!

View attachment 13453
What is the brand of bumper in your picture, and what site carries it? Thanks

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What is the brand of bumper in your picture, and what site carries it? Thanks

Hope this helps

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner