ooooooooooo

xtc lighting

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
As I have a 2019 I had the older version of wiring that had the recall. The recall was made, but before that I had installed the xtc blinker system. It worked great and was an easy instalation. After the recall, as they changed out the whole system front to back the xtc system was not compatable with the newer J plugs. Old ones square, new ones rounded a bit. I kept the taillights and old loom thinking I might use them for a trailer.
My fear was that I would have to replace the xtc unit complete but to xtc's expertise, they anticipated this issue and had just the rear loom made to fit the new system. I was able to keep the firewall back loom and just hook the new one just for taillights into it. The trailer wiring is on the way.
Thank you XTC.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I worked with XTC and I had a very high opinion of them. I wanted to convert my roxor to the LED jeep tail lights but the wiring is different. XTC had a special 3 wire harness for that that plugged right into the kit. The best part was with that harness you can splice a 3-pin trailer harness directly to it.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
As I have a 2019 I had the older version of wiring that had the recall. The recall was made, but before that I had installed the xtc blinker system. It worked great and was an easy instalation. After the recall, as they changed out the whole system front to back the xtc system was not compatable with the newer J plugs. Old ones square, new ones rounded a bit. I kept the taillights and old loom thinking I might use them for a trailer.
My fear was that I would have to replace the xtc unit complete but to xtc's expertise, they anticipated this issue and had just the rear loom made to fit the new system. I was able to keep the firewall back loom and just hook the new one just for taillights into it. The trailer wiring is on the way.
Thank you XTC.
I have a 2019 but am not aware of any wiring recall. Do you have any info on this that you can provide? Thanks!

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a 2019 but am not aware of any wiring recall. Do you have any info on this that you can provide? Thanks!
There is a recall on the rear loom. I guess they have had some shorts in the plugs or corrosion. Check yours and see if you have white square type plugs where they plug into the loom coming from the front of the Roxor. If so, your dealer should be able to get the newer plugs and taillights and change them out. It might take a while as I had to wait some time for them to get the new wiring in. The new plugs are black and a bit of an oval on one side.
As yours is 1300 copies later than mine it might have the later wiring.

I wonder how many 2018's were built. I could have an early 19.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@plumbstraight: where about on the Roxor are the plugs you mention (e.g. driver / passenger side, x feet from rear, ...)? Mind sharing a picture, please?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My understanding is the pigtail connectors between the lights and main harness weren’t water tight and they were prone to corrosion. A good easy fix if not wanting to deal with a dealer and your lights still work is to put dielectric grease on the pigtail contact points after cleaning any corrosion.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I probably have a later version of the 2019. I purchased new from dealer last year but had problems after they installed directionals. I will have to check connectors and hope I don't have the white square ones. Thank you.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
@plumbstraight: where about on the Roxor are the plugs you mention (e.g. driver / passenger side, x feet from rear, ...)? Mind sharing a picture, please?
In the rear left corner in the wheel well. there is a short lead that runs to both tail lights and plugs into the main coming from up front.

What clued me in was that I ordered a trailer plugin kit from XTC. The plugs didn't match and I had to send it back. It had the newer plugs and didn''t match my 19. Then found out about the recall and had it upgraded. they unpluged the original lights and removed it all. Now my XTC tail light blinkers didn't work. Bummed out, I was thinking now I would have to replace the whole XTC system. I made the call and as I said, they had expected this and had new ones made just for the back end. I replaced them today and all is good. Now waiting for the trailer loom I had sent back lol.

I kept the old wiring and rear lights. I don't think the mechanic liked me asking for them, but I paid for them when I bought the unit.