ooooooooooo

Xfer case shifter boot

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Anyone found the part number or replacement for the transfer case shift boot? Mine split open. No dealer nearby. Cannot find a parts diagram. Cannot find it on Sherwood's site. A part number or lead to replace would be appreciate. Thanks in advance.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I ordered the Roxor part from Leadersrpmshop and they shipped it yesterday. It should be an exact OEM replacement.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just bought a generic of Amazon. It was faster
Any feedback on the generic shifter boot? Mine is dry rotted and I would like to replace. It would be good to know if there is an aftermarket replacement that can be made to work.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The OEM part is an exact fit, only cost a few dollars, and took a couple weeks to arrive.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ordered one from Leaders in March. Still waiting.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Im curious if those of you with dry rotted boots if you have a top (bikini, roof, or cab) and/or if it’s also stored outside? I have had a top and stored inside since new and my boot looks like new as well.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine is also cracked and split wide open. I have a top, and a windshield. Mine has constant movement, I am always going from 2/4Hi to 4Lo, several times throughout each trip we take. So it's seeing a lot of movement. I'm not even going to worry about replacing it. A new one will surely crack just as the original. Eventually I will make a silicone, or canvas boot for it. The OE boot isn't a good fit anyhow.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a hard top and it's mostly garaged. But it is also hot and DRY here in AZ. That may make it crack prematurely.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Im curious if those of you with dry rotted boots if you have a top (bikini, roof, or cab) and/or if it’s also stored outside? I have had a top and stored inside since new and my boot looks like new as well.
I have a bikini top and it stays outside under a shed. Im sure that accelerates deterioration.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine has a bikini top, but it is stored outside...I put a tarp over it during the winter, but the rest of the year its out in the elements. It's weird that the main shifter boot is in great shape, but the 4x4 boot is rotting away.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Update on my transfer case shifter boot.
Still on a raft from India! I can live without it but it sure spooks me about any major parts that may be needed. Keeping my fingers crossed every time I drive it.?

lcp

Update on my transfer case shifter boot.
Still on a raft from India! I can live without it but it sure spooks me about any major parts that may be needed. Keeping my fingers crossed every time I drive it.?
Any luck on the boot yet? I need to find one to replace my torn one soon.

GiStore

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner
Hope this helps,Genuine Mahindra