ooooooooooo

Who has most miles/hours on their Roxor?

B

Bister

I think the zippers would hold up better if the top wasn’t so tight, just too. Inch stress trying to do them up. There is another full soft top on eBay, but it doesn’t go on as nice. You have to put sticky Velcro all over the ROP.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think the zippers would hold up better if the top wasn’t so tight, just too. Inch stress trying to do them up. There is another full soft top on eBay, but it doesn’t go on as nice. You have to put sticky Velcro all over the ROP.
I definitely don't want velcro everywhere either.
I'll figure something out. Even if I just wind up making half doors and a bulkhead out of marine grade hard plastic with a Lexan window, it will help a little to keep the wind out. I'm dreading the bad weather season...I know it's going to limit my daily driving my Roxor and that really makes me sad. :(

Tokarev

dreading the bad weather season...

I've seen a couple references to a full cab cover from On The Rox but I don't see one on their website. But maybe you can contact them about an enclosure?

Probably not cheap...
ba2d1ff9d179be0c37266d6ebe8fac35.jpg

Last edited:

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine does not put on the miles very fast as I unplugged the speed sensor to bypass the limiter until I can send the ecu for update.

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I called OTR about their solid enclosure and its not ready to ship yet. Got told it starts at $3800 with solid doors and extra for sliding windows.

I've seen a couple references to a full cab cover from On The Rox but I don't see one on their website. But maybe you can contact them about an enclosure?

Probably not cheap...
View attachment 4658

B

Bister

I definitely don't want velcro everywhere either.
I'll figure something out. Even if I just wind up making half doors and a bulkhead out of marine grade hard plastic with a Lexan window, it will help a little to keep the wind out. I'm dreading the bad weather season...I know it's going to limit my daily driving my Roxor and that really makes me sad. :(
We made cabs for our Rhinos cause nothing was available and we made full Lexan doors. A full or half back panel out of Lexan would work also, wouldn’t hurt to have some bends in it to reduce flexing.

Tokarev

General consensus is, perhaps, that the ROXOR top sucks!

B

Bister

I don't mind it if the zippers would hold up. I survived a Saskatchewan winter with it pushing snow and taking the dogs out daily. You have to remember it is just a soft top that was made for an off-road vehicle that had a speed limit of 45 mph, mine is fine when you use it as intended. But, it does need something done about the zippers/doors.

FYI: I can't watch vertical video, it makes my eyes bleed.

Tokarev

You have to remember it is just a soft top that was made for an off-road vehicle that had a speed limit of 45 mph, mine is fine when you use it as intended. But, it does need something done about the zippers/doors..

True enough although speed limit is 55 now as I'm sure you know.

Still, probably 99% of these rigs will be flashed to remove the speed limit and/or increase engine output. Or you 2018 owners will continue to unplug the sensor as needed.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

B

Bister

True enough although speed limit is 55 now as I'm sure you know.

Still, probably 99% of these rigs will be flashed to remove the speed limit and/or increase engine output. Or you 2018 owners will continue to unplug the sensor as needed.

Actually the majority we won't even hear about or be flashed, just a vocal minority online mod up the Roxor. Majority just go out as is and stay that way, some with some minor mods and accessories. Look at the posts on this page or even the facebook groups, most of the posts come from a handful of people and the majority of the members don't even own a Roxor.
Not all 2018 can be unplugged, just the early ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tokarev

Actually the majority we won't even hear about or be flashed, just a vocal minority online mod up the Roxor. Majority just go out as is and stay that way, some with some minor mods and accessories accessories. Look at the posts on this page or even the facebook groups, most of the posts come from a handful of people and the majority of the members don't even own a Roxor.
The sales person told me something similar. Quite a bit of walk in traffic showing curiosity but very few actually buy.

Still, rigs appear to be selling. For something brand new to market there are quite a few dealers and places making/selling parts.

Anyway, having owned a couple Royal Enfield motorcycles I think I can speak from some experience. The success of the company rides on perceived value. A retro machine that might take more regular maintenance is fine. A retro machine suffering from poor quality control and chintzy accessories is another matter.

Sorry to have drifted off thread topic.

Last edited:

rseth020

Roxor Ownership
Do not own

hi ,very infomative video ,it would be much better if you can write about the issue to MANA or on twitter search for anand mahindra,the owner of mahindra group ..he remains active on it ...write to hi explaining him the shortfalls & possible solution(hard top )
Twitter handle : @anandmahindra
NOTE::::VERY IMPORTANT::: you may have to post it multiple times or it will just disappear with all other tweetes

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
And that's the only reason I haven't bought that soft top...I knew the zippers wouldn't hold up, especially when mud and snow get involved. Plus I would think it's very inconvenient to have to zip that whole opening up every time you get in and out. It's acceptable to me for the back window to have zippers, but I would want heavy duty zippers like you'd find on Klein tool bags.
I wish someone else would produce a full soft top for a decent price. I'm leaning toward attempting to make my own "hard" cab out of hard plastic somehow...I have some ideas that I think will work, but I can see a lot of trouble areas around the door I have to think about and I think a decent bikini top will have to do for the roof. I don't know if it will be pretty (prolly not), but as long as it keeps me sort of warm for a few months, I can live with a little ugly, lol.

Oh, and I have almost 800 miles and about 35 hrs on mine, all in three weeks time.

I have heard some rumors from a Mahindra employee that removable hard doors might be in the works. Ones that are compatible with OEM soft top.

Tokarev

I have heard some rumors from a Mahindra employee that removable hard doors might be in the works. Ones that are compatible with OEM soft top.

I heard this from Peak Powersports. Unfortunately no other info such as price or timeline....