ooooooooooo

What is needed to street legal a Mahindra Roxor?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Do you think we can get these street legal in every state. I know we will need basics like turn singles, horn, doors, and a glass windshield. But that is simple addons.
If anyone has any information please let me know.
Thanks.

Theoffroader

Founding Member
I guess this would depend on your state. I need to look up texas. It would be cool to ride this thing around town.
But we can get alost everywhere we need without being in state roads. So not a deal breaker.

HendrixATX

Founding Member
I did some research in Texas. As a UAV, they are currently banned from public roads, unless you are a rancher. Depending on the city, golf carts can be licensed, but the roxor is too fast.. and it isn’t a golf cart. ;)
I do believe you could license the Roxor as a “replica” under Texas custom car rules. All you need is turn signals, windshield, windshield wipers, and a rear license plate light. Once you have that, it is a simple inspection + paper work process + claiming you have a CJ-3 replica.

TXDMV.GOV - 004-12 "Custom Vehicle" and "Street Rod" Program

https://www.txdmv.gov/txdmv-forms/d...r-custom-vehicle-or-street-rod-license-plates

The biggest hurdle is getting a windshield frame. Did I read somewhere Mahindra is working on an accessory windshield?

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Canadians are luckier I guess aslong as you don't live in any urban setting. I'd venture to say that the Roxor would be turn key legal to drive on the road in atleast 80% of any country or rural town aslong as bylaws allow. Where I live in Northern Ontario, It just needs a plate and obviously insurance. The plate never needs to be renewed and there's no annual sticker or registration cost.

nglauer

Founding Member
I don't think you could get one of these licensed in Ohio either. However, I believe West Virginia will allow these to go just about anywhere. We usually ride there because the laws are much more ATV friendly... atleast in the county where we ride. They allow us to drive certain roads and 99% of the trails are private property. Whereas where I live in Ohio, you'll get hammered with a nice fine, especially if they catch you in the National Forest. Wayne National Forest does allow ATV's in certain areas, but not around my area... and they own just about everything here. Where they do let folks ride I believe they have a 50" width restriction and required insurance and permits.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you want to break the law, get yourself an old CJ frame and swap VINS. It will be all good until you get caught though!

boatman22

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I did some research in Texas. As a UAV, they are currently banned from public roads, unless you are a rancher. Depending on the city, golf carts can be licensed, but the roxor is too fast.. and it isn’t a golf cart. ;)
I do believe you could license the Roxor as a “replica” under Texas custom car rules. All you need is turn signals, windshield, windshield wipers, and a rear license plate light. Once you have that, it is a simple inspection + paper work process + claiming you have a CJ-3 replica.

TXDMV.GOV - 004-12 "Custom Vehicle" and "Street Rod" Program

https://www.txdmv.gov/txdmv-forms/d...r-custom-vehicle-or-street-rod-license-plates

The biggest hurdle is getting a windshield frame. Did I read somewhere Mahindra is working on an accessory windshield?

This is interesting info for us in Texas. The only drawback would be the speed limiter. Pretty sure the aftermarket will offer something in the future.....I hope!

B

Bister

This is interesting info for us in Texas. The only drawback would be the speed limiter. Pretty sure the aftermarket will offer something in the future.....I hope!
The speed limit is set in the ECU. I’m sure that won’t take long for someone to hack.. I just searched ECU hacking, lots of it going on elsewhere. Lol.

Azbronco96

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Here in Arizona it is easy to do
Horn-Lighted plate-mirror-tags
I'm legal on my Pioneer everywhere except the Interstate
Not saying it's a good idea on the State highways-I can only do 40 flat out
I'm hoping this Roxor can be hacked to cruise at 55 if need be.
My Samurai would do that easily

on_the_rox

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey everyone! We are currently working on getting our turn signal harness packaged up and available for sale! We are also working on a glass windshield frame along with wipers and everything else that we would need to help get these street legal! Check out our Facebook and Instagram pages as well, we will be developing aftermarket parts for every aspect of these Roxors! We will make sure to let everyone know as soon as we are ready to ship!

Desertwndrr

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Utah allows for licensing a UTV. Locally the city ordinance allows ATV's to access to and from offroad areas over the road with no license as long as they are registered.

on_the_rox

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Our glass windshields, and turn signal conversions are developed and we will begin taking orders as soon as our packaging comes in. In the meantime let us know now if you want one! We have eight turn signal harnesses ready to go!

DSCN0750-800x600.JPG DSCN0698-800x600.JPG

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Depends on each state. In many states, you can just drive this right on the road unaltered. Another likely route in many states is replica/kit/custom/homemade. I highly suggest people go the legit legal path. If you live in a state where there isn't a legal path, move to better state lol *cheers*. Also, think about insurance. Most of the legal path options have legit ways to insure it too, so you gotta think about that too.

The LE does not come with a windshield FYI

Hey on_the_rox, does your turn signal unit have a 4-way option? That is important in many states. If yours does not, you might wanna swap your stock for something like Walck's universal unit.

Last edited:

on_the_rox

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey on_the_rox, does your turn signal unit have a 4-way option? That is important in many states. If yours does not, you might wanna swap your stock for something like Walck's universal unit.[/QUOTE]

Hey jrobz23, our turn signal conversion allows for a right turn signal function front and rear, a left turn signal function front and rear, and when the emergency flashers are engaged all four signals flash. The only thing our kit does not do is self cancel!

Motorsports Nation

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Does anyone know the process of making a Roxor street legal in CT? We have had s few customers ask about making their Roxors street legal. We'd love to be able to pass along the proper information. Thanks!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That will vary greatly by state. You'll have to dig into what your state's Custom/Street-Modified/Replica type laws are. A call to the DMV might be the first place to start.