ooooooooooo

Water Temps info

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I received this from Roxor technical support. I was curious as to what temps the light comes on and what is considered hot and what is normal operating temps. I'm using an Autometer Dashlink 2.0 to monitor things and I'm seeing temps run from 184 degrees to 204 degrees in southern Arizona in 95-105 degree ambient temps.

"HIGH COOLANT TEMPERATURE

High coolant temperature lamp in the instrument cluster will turn ON when high coolant temperature is detected

a. Lamp blinks at a coolant temperature of 110oC or 230oF

b. Lamp turn ON continuously at a coolant temperature of 120oC or 240oF

c. Lamp stops blinking and turns OFF at a coolant temperature of 105oC or 225oF

Input for this lamp is provided by the EMS ECU through CAN"

Roxor Tech Support.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Great info, I always monitor that especially as a muscle car guy (always have had problems with over heating) good research DesertRox.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Highest I’ve seen on the scan gauge has been about 198 if I remember correctly and that was briefly at a stop sign after cruising 65 plus in 90 plus heat. shortly after Taking off it dropped back down to the 188 it normally cruises at. This is With stage 1 and no fan shroud. I bet the shroud would hold the temps in check with less fluctuations

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don't have a surround either and the past week in Moab it got to a whopping 109 Roxor temp never got over 190 and that's riding trails all day.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It seems my highest temps come when driving at high speed, that is when I see 200 degrees. I have an electric fan installed so when I slow down or stop at a light then it drops around 190. On the trail it seems to stay around 190 unless I'm doing a slow climb up a good grade but the fan controls things well. Also this is at the engine block not at the thermostat.

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Anyone know the water thermostat temp when it opens ? I want locate the electric fan switch on the thermostat housing where the plug is,(the bolt with the copper washer) . The stat has to open BEFORE the fan switch kicks on . ie.. water therm. @ 170f fan switch @185f .Just hate to cut the upper radiator hose up to put the bung in ......................... ps... the thread of that bolt is 12m x1.5

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It is posted on here somewhere but I thought it was 185 for the T-Stat and my electric fan is on at 195 and off at 170 I believe.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor takes it's water temp measurement at the middle of the block on the passenger side I believe and most guys installing temp sensors at the thermostat housing so we are talking two different readings.