ooooooooooo

Deep water

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
We had some local flooding so I decided to pull a good one and ford through about 3ft of water. I had the tub full with water coming up through the shifters and over the bed. No apparent problems after the ole girl just plowed on through.

Planning on changing the diff fluids. Anything else to look out for?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
T case and trans breathers are on top of gear boxes and that fluid will be contaminated. Wheel bearings too. Repack the fronts and then pump the rears till they purge good grease out of weep hole.

lcp

If driving thru deep water is something you do from time to time, you'll probably want to extend your breathers up to avoid getting water in the diffs, transmission, and transfer case. I'm not sure what to do about the hubs.

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I drained the rear diff earlier (factory oil). It was low but able to touch it. The oil was a nasty dark chocolate milk color. Fair amount of metal on the drain plug too.

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Keep in mind the manual transmission and transfer case specify gl-4 gear oil. It is pretty hard to find. Gl-5 has additives that degrade yellow metals and will damage synchronized transmissions, like the one in roxors. I asked my local dealer what they are using when I was trying to track some down, and they said napa gl-5. I ended up ordering some gl-4 off Amazon or ebay, as I couldn't find any locally. I don't know if the transfer case has any yellow metals, but I run gl-4 in mine because that is what is specified by mahindra.

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m gonna run some “Driven” racing GL4 in the tranny/t case and some STP GL5 in the diffs.

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If driving thru deep water is something you do from time to time, you'll probably want to extend your breathers up to avoid getting water in the diffs, transmission, and transfer case. I'm not sure what to do about the hubs.
I am considering extending all the breathers up by the engine air intake. Anybody else do this by using a manifold to connect them into?

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have been thinking about extending the breathers up, but haven't tackled it yet. I do quite a few creek crossings throughout each summer, but rarely even get water in the floorboards. I change my fluids in the spring each year, and have not had water in them yet. I use Kendall super blu grease in everything I own. It is not advertised as being waterproof, but it does not get milky like I would expect if it was absorbing water.

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I've changed my starter annually since 2019 due to water going over the starter, I had hoses attached to my breathers by the dealer before they quit selling Roxors

Brock Sebelius

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I extended all of mine last year and ran them to a generic ARB manifold that I mounted up by the coolant reservoir. Amazon has them for around $55, I had to source the air line connectors for both diffs, transfer case, and trans from a local Napa. They are similar to the connectors that come with the kit but once you push the line into them it will never come out. As for the trans breather if I remember right, it was a large white plug that you can grab with a channel locks and work it back and forth to pull out, once it’s out you can drill it out a little smaller than the size of the air line connector and put a little dab of jb weld on the threads of the connector and thread it into the plug. I think I used 2 90 degree connectors and 2 straights. Anyways hope that helps a little