ooooooooooo

Warn Winch - ZEON 8-S will it fit?

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So we are starting the ROXOR build and I am looking for a winch. I know the SE comes with the M8 which is a great proven all around performer. But what if we wanted to go with the ZEON 8-S? I would probably need to create a custom plate for it and I really don't see why it wouldn't fit. The ROXOR is the same size as my CJ-7

So the ZEON is:
W: 24.25"
H: 10.51"
D: 7.15"

and the M8 is:
W: 21.04"
H 7.60"
D: 6.3"

There is a lot talent in this forum and I know you guys will have some great ideas.

Thanks

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Aren't all WARN winch plate bolt patterns the same? If so, you can prolly order the SE plate and bolt most any WARN right to it.

Last edited:

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
do you have the pics of the mounted plate. was it simple bolt on without modifications.

Take a look at my avatar pic if you can’t see it well enough, let me know and I’ll take some additional pics tomorrow and post.

As for mounting, yes simple to mount. The plate is drilled for the winch but I had to cut a clearance hole for steering box adjustment and drill 4 plate to frame mount holes. I used 1/2 grade 8 bolts and went through the frame top holes for the factory winch mount, slipping 1/2 flange nuts up into frame tube for the mount bolts then torqued, no mods to Roxor. Mine is a classic so I pitched the factory bumper and cut one out of 6” channel to compliment winch plate. Barnes can give you exact dims on plate, they’re very helpful, located in NC. You can buy plate from amazon as well.