• Warn

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Mile Marker

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have used Warn in the past with no real complaints however I decided to rig the Roxor with a MM 9500lb winch, locking hubs, and some recovery gear. So far I have been really impressed with the quality of their products and prices are not too shabby.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I never installed locking hubs until I got my Roxor, ultimately I decided to go with warn cause of their tried and true reputation. I would assume MM is a solid brand also. Either way I think you are sitting good.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have the MM hubs, zero issues. I just installed them on buddies Rox as well last night. Far more affordable than the warns and do the same thing

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I went back and forth between the two before I installed selectable hubs on mine. From everything I could find, it looked like the warn hubs available for the roxor were all made in CHYNNA, and the mms were made in the USA. I went mm, and the only problem I have had was minor and self inflicted. I didn't use loctite when I installed them and lost a bolt. other than that they do what selectable hubs are supposed to do, cost half the price, and I kept my money in our economy. Lots of brands are putting their name on crap made in CHYNNA, and I do my best to find a domestic alternative when I can.

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the army green Roxor ...The chrome MMs to me just dont look right ,mine is for the street , off road who cares .MMs sure are cheaper .

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the army green Roxor ...The chrome MMs to me just dont look right ,mine is for the street , off road who cares .MMs sure are cheaper .
I have the green paint, and I am not a fan of chrome as well. Easiest solution is to avoid washing it! Appearance was not even a consideration in my decision to go with mm. Mine sees more pavement than dirt too, mainly because i commute daily in it, but I have ran it through the wringer off road.
Out here in Montana I rarely use 4wd since I installed lunchbox lockers, and everything offroad is hard, just uneven. I took it to Michigan this summer and it probably spent more than half the time there in 4wd since its all sand and mud, and vacation meant playtime instead of commuting.
I'm still running stock tire size, and probably always will since it maintains a reasonable center of gravity, and I am yet to be held back by anything besides 3' of snow. You would be amazed at the sand hill climbs it can do with lockers and aired down tires. I sure was!
I'm confident the mm hubs will last forever with stock tire size, are far from being the weak link when running bigger tires.
If looks and on road drivability were my only concerns, I'd keep the stock hub flanges and ditch the front driveshaft. In my opinion the roxor is too much fun on the trails to keep it on pavement.

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mines a 2019, and as of now only about 6800. It has had a df stage 1 since it left the dealer. Hubs and lockers went on at about 2000 miles.

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
2019 here too ....do you have an enclosed cab?
How was it getting yours road legal in Idaho? I ran my permanent montana cycle sized plates in Michigan and didn't get hassled. I had 2 different county sheriff's deputies behind me on state highways there, and half expected to get stopped. Neither one seemed to give me a second glance.

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Oh those little plates ....they work ...........
Haha, I kinda figured the size might have been enough for the deputies to decide they didn't want to read that much to figure out whether or not they were legal. I tried to figure it out before the trip, and couldn't find any info besides opinion or hearsay. I decided if it was an issue someone would point it out.

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have the MM hubs, zero issues. I just installed them on buddies Rox as well last night. Far more affordable than the warns and do the same thing
Do you have a part # for the MM ?

RoxinatorAZ

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I recommend picking up some stainless socket (Allen) head bolts (and lock washers) for the hub. 3/8-16 x 1-1/2 if memory serves.

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Got a set ordered, there are still some Warn available but $$$$. Plus they look better made.