ooooooooooo

Wait till spring

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Went to rescue Can Am, I got stuck. Ford came to rescue and Can Am guy is walking

20230318_112605.jpg 20230318_112456.jpg

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Tractor pulled Roxor, Chevy and Ford out. The can Am was on his own

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Any of you guys have issues starting the rox in the cold. So twice I can start it just fine but as I push in the clutch to put into gear the clutch won't engage to put into gear. Grinds in every gear. So I turn it off put in gear with clutch in and start it and it acts like clutch isn't in. What is my solution. I eventually put it in gear and pressed clutch and it engage and started. I have done some snow wheeling, Clutch fluid is full? Took it for a long cold drive yesterday once I got it free to maybe warm up and melt any snow

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You are probably experiencing Ice build up around your clutch fork. There have been a few complaints about this. It will limit movement not letting the clutch fully disengage. In some cases people have experienced a broken slave cylinder from putting too much pressure on the cutch pedal trying to get the clutch to disengage when frozen.

I would imagine letting it idle long enough would eventually melt everything and allow the clutch to disengage property.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Now this makes more sense, thanks Max. After the leat time it did this I braved the cold and drive it to town and back and that problem has never shown up again. Still winter here hoping to get it out more

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Letting a unit sit for extended periods of time, expecially damp areas will cause a clutch to freeze up, especially those that like to make submarines out of their toys.
Some tractors come stock with a small lever to keep the clutch disengaged when sitting. As the clutch is hydraulicly applied, you might consider fabbing up a small rod to slip in by the clutch slave cyl to keep the disk free when sitting.