ooooooooooo

Leaf spring Ubolt

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Any one know what the front leaf spring nuts need to be torqued too? I added a level kit and one side is alot more than the other

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What do you mean more than the other? On the passenger side front the u bolts go on the tube and the diff. The diff side u bolt Has less threads exposed than the tube u bolt.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think I need to loosen the bolts and straighten out the Ubolts. I looked under the don't look straight. On passenger side the U thats over the diff is actually longer than the one on the tube alone. That shouldn't be.

Mpm

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The U bolt going adjacent to the diff on pass side is definitely a longer U bolt, for that reason. The other 3 front U bolts are identical and shorter. I did the OTR front leaf spring leveling kit with the atlas leaf springs, which are thicker than oem. As a result, The nuts on the shorter U bolts were mostly falling short of full engagement. I bought longer U bolts and new nuts for these front 3. The longer u bolt near the diff is plenty long, even after the bigger springs. There are a couple of good threads on the forum about this, can’t remember where though. If I recall, I think I torqued mine to 65 ft/lbs.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Don't like it

20210330_121357.jpg

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think I need to loosen the bolts and straighten out the Ubolts. I looked under the don't look straight. On passenger side the U thats over the diff is actually longer than the one on the tube alone. That shouldn't be.
They all look like that. It's the casting in the axle housing. Only way you're gonna fix that is by grinding away material from the housing. I tried to make my new U bolts straight when I installed the YJ springs. You can't make it straight without removing material.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What about the length of the bolt seems to me to be too long.