ooooooooooo

Tune - how to know?

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I picked up a new (2022) Roxor Friday from a dealer (had 31 miles on it). It already had a tune from Diesel Freaks on it. How can I know for certain that it is tuned? I just took it out for a spin and on the highway, I could not go any faster than 60.

roxor1.jpg

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I also don't see a boost valve?

IMG_3111.jpg

Is this at least the Diesel Freaks intake?

IMG_3112.jpg

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I‘m starting to question if there is a tune.

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
At 50 MPH, I'm turning 2250 RPM - measured speed on GPS.

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not sure if a tune can change the RPM at a certain speed , thinking that would require a gear change?
I just added that in case it was helpful.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I picked up a new (2022) Roxor Friday from a dealer (had 31 miles on it). It already had a tune from Diesel Freaks on it. How can I know for certain that it is tuned? I just took it out for a spin and on the highway, I could not go any faster than 60.

View attachment 13738
I have a stage 1 Diesel Freak tune on my 2019 and there is no obvious way to tell (that I know of) except the before and after performance and the fact that I had them raise the speed limiter to 65. You could probably call Wade at Diesel Freak and ask based on the serial number.
On another note, what front bumper is that? It appears to be a Rough Country, but I do not see anything on their website to fit the Roxor. Adapter plates with a CJ bumper?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If it was done by Diesel Freaks, you might be able to contact them and see if they can verify it. Maybe a serial number on the ECU?

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a stage 1 Diesel Freak tune on my 2019 and there is no obvious way to tell (that I know of) except the before and after performance and the fact that I had them raise the speed limiter to 65. You could probably call Wade at Diesel Freak and ask based on the serial number.
On another note, what front bumper is that? It appears to be a Rough Country, but I do not see anything on their website to fit the Roxor. Adapter plates with a CJ bumper?
Looks like it’s this one.

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Called DF - they don't keep the SN of any ECU's on file, but they do make a mark on the back of the ECU. I pulled mine and there is no mark anywhere. Looks like the stealership pulled a fast one - waiting to hear back from DF before I call the stealership.

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

View attachment 13738

Called DF - they don't keep the SN of any ECU's on file, but they do make a mark on the back of the ECU. I pulled mine and there is no mark anywhere. Looks like the stealership pulled a fast one - waiting to hear back from DF before I call the stealership.
Nice ! Your rig should do way over 50 mph with a tune.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sorry to hear that. I hope they will make it right.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hope they do the right thing by you. Let us know the outcome