ooooooooooo

Tune/flash

Tokarev

Ran rig until low fuel light was coming on while accelerating and turning corners.

Am getting 26.6 mpg with windshield and Stage 3 tune.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello everyone, I'm back again with another question about these tunes! When I spoke with the folks at KMS Performance, (Very nice people), I specifically asked them about the "EGR delete" on my tune as well. I was told that my tune would "eliminate the warning light associated with an EGR delete". Originally, I thought that by ordering a tune that included an EGR delete, the EGR system would stop working.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as of today, it is my understanding that EGR delete, when specifically referring to a tune, will only give me the ability to do the actual EGR delete, (Install the plates and remove the EGR crap) and merely not throw a code. I was under the impression that the EGR system was something that can be turned on and off through a tune, so I wasn't going to install the EGR plates (which I bought here on the forum), until the warranty ran out. In my mind, I had already addressed the EGR problem with a tune. Apparently that's not the case? As of my understanding this morning, in order to turn off the EGR system I have to actually block it off. I can't turn it off with a tune, the tune only effects whether or not I get a check engine light. Do I have that right?

I don't think anyone has answered your question, so I'll try. If you do the KMS tune with EGR delete, the system will not report EGR problems via OBD II. The EGR system will still dump unburnt hydrocarbons back into the intake until you install the plates. If you slide the plates in between where the flanges are, you wouldn't have to remove any other components, and they could be taken out quickly if you had to take the Rox in for warranty work.

Doug

Sgtatarms

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
2018 # 827-KMS stage 3, EGR system intact and no plates. Cranks on first spin, smooth idle at 850. Have windshield and Fortress roof to grab a lot of wind, will peg speedo at 60 before you can say "don't do it!". I have no idea what top speed is, I ain't going there and don't care. Mileage? Who cares! Absolutely no problems, no black smoke, period. This thing is way too much fun to drive, so it's no wonder the Great State of Mississippi won't sell me a tag, (I tried). For myself, four lanes are no go. But two lanes, village streets and rural roads look out, you might see me! I'm in my second childhood!

secretv

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I've got 320ish miles on mine. KMS stage 1 have no problem getting up to speed here on the flattish highways in Phoenix, AZ and the surrounding cities. They do the necessary magic if one wants to perform an egr delete. Note that they stated that it doesn't delete the EGR, just prevents a Roxor with a deleted EGR from throwing codes. Mine hasn't thrown codes yet. For the same price as the other places you also get a backup ECU or you can send them yours to flash for a discounted price. KMS seems to have the most conservative of the stage 1 tunes compared to the other companies.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I don't think anyone has answered your question, so I'll try. If you do the KMS tune with EGR delete, the system will not report EGR problems via OBD II. The EGR system will still dump unburnt hydrocarbons back into the intake until you install the plates. If you slide the plates in between where the flanges are, you wouldn't have to remove any other components, and they could be taken out quickly if you had to take the Rox in for warranty work.

Doug
Now THIS, is a very helpful post. Thank you.

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I went with Vivid Racing stage one tune, replaced the turbo waste gate, in which took a lot of ingenuity, little blood, a lot of sweat, and maybe a tear or two! Boosted the pressure up to 16 lbs. I now have 6700 miles on my Roxor and absolutely no problems. I have easily had it to 75mph, but find that every vehicle has its sweet spot. My Roxor loves to cruze at 60-63mph. Remember, its a small, basically jeep. The ones that I drove in the Marine Corps would only go about 47mph. Stabilities of this vehicle isn't designed for speed. I haven't had any EGR problems. I now have approximately 97 hp. and 200 feet of torque. Pulling power up hills is incredible. I used to have to down shift sometimes to 3rd gear, now it pulls in 5th. Best money spent. I haven't understood why the EGR deletes. And as far as the clutch, no problems. My Roxor drives just like a regular vehicle. Just wish the speedometer went further than 60. Keep on a rollin and a clattering.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A bit off subject. I wish they would give us independent gauges. Unless the lighting is just right I can't read the rpm and other things.

Mtroxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Anyone have any experience with Gilomen tunes? They can sell you a complete flashed ecm to swap out, which is what I mainly like about the deal, but it seems like a bargain price and I would just like to know if anyone has any first hand knowledge of their tune quality.