ooooooooooo

Transfer case defective

Wheatcutter

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Wanted to ask if anyone experienced your transfer case popping out from low range. While loading my brand new 2019 from the dealership parking lot, I placed transfer case into low range and during mild acceleration the transfer case popped out. At the time I thought it was operator error...maybe I didn't place it into position correctly. Hauled it all the way home to flagstaff Az and it still pop's out (consistently). I checked linkage, etc and it appears to be fully engaged. Any thoughts?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
No Idea. I know mine was a stiff somdabitch at first. I usually rock back and forth between 1st and reverse as I am engaging. worked much easier once I had a few hundred miles on it. Has to be a glitch. May work out? Keep us in the loop.

BDRAG

Bdwelder_99

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
With out seeing it. My guess is the linkage is adjusted a tad out. Should be a easy fix. Keep us posted .

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No Idea. I know mine was a stiff somdabitch at first. I usually rock back and forth between 1st and reverse as I am engaging. worked much easier once I had a few hundred miles on it. Has to be a glitch. May work out? Keep us in the loop.

BDRAG
x2

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Did you get it in Phoenix? I would make them fix that immediately and wouldn't touch it myself since it's under warranty.

In another note, it was a *itch to get that in 4x high or low for a few 100 miles. Now it's a breeze,

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey Wheatcutter. Just checking in to see if you have an update on your transfer case popping out of 4-low. This has now happened to me a few times. It happened both before and after I topped off the transfer case fuid.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Did adjusting the linkage do the trick? Does anyone have any experience doing this themselves? If they do could I trouble someone on here to take a picture or two of the things I need to adjust so I don't screw up this procedure.

NarrowPathMT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I had this issue for several months where it would just slip back out. Checked fluid and linkage everything was good. Then just the other day it went Kaboom. Just dropped the fluid tonight and there is metal everywhere. I'm going to do a complete tear down. I'll let you know what I find. It wouldn't drive any more, forward or backward hi or low range. Should be interesting. I am curios if Wheatcutter had the dealer look at it under warranty or not and what the findings were.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have seen this before a couple times. One of the flaws of these units is they take a while to brake in and work smoothly. During that break in if you really force the shift lever you can bend the shift fork that holds it into 4 high. Easy pressure with a little forward or reverse movement during break in will help you shift in and out. Eventually it will start to break in and shift smooth as butta. If yours is already popping out then there is a good chance you have a bent fork already. It doesn't take much.