ooooooooooo

Transfer case shifting vs front axel movement

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
With front hubs in FREE what positions of the transfer case shifter 2H 4H N 4L will not turn your front axel? For me 2H only will not move my front axel. Please share.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
2H is only rear wheel drive so that's the only one to not work. That's the position it stays at until u need 4x4. If u put the Tcase in N the ROX won't ever move until you correct the position

Last edited:

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for reply I think I didn't explain well enough. I am set up to flat tow. The best I can figure is I can't do as instructed in the manual. The only way to get my ride to free wheel is Transfer in 2H and trans in neutral. Every other combo the the front axel turns. I have free hubs. The manual wants transfer in N and trans in !st that won't work for me. I know they want the trans locked so it won't burn up. What am I missing

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
U can always add hubs to your rear to disengage them so only the wheels turn

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
2H is the only way to keep the front drive shaft from turning. All other positions cause it to turn. People will say that’s not true but I flat towed a lot and it drove me crazy. Once you shift out of 2H it locks those drive shafts together. I had warn hubs upfront so it wasn’t engaging with my front axel but still a dumb outdated design. You do put the transfer case in N and trans in gear to flat tow as long as you have your hubs unlocked. All the stuff is turning but it’s not engaging. Looks wrong but it’s right.

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the response I did try with transfer in N and trans in 1st as required by the manual but when I tried to push the unit by hand not to damage anything it would not move. Everything is locked up. Maybe what you are saying is you need to force the unit which will turn the engine, rear driveshaft, rear axel, front driveshaft and front axel. This would make no need for lockable hubs. Now maybe my unit does not function correctly as designed. If you have the time please call me to help figure this out. Thanks Bill 704 968 1972

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I may be wrong but when the manual calls for tcase in neutral and tranny in 1st it referring to factory hubs. My understanding is that locking hubs need to be locked in order to function like factory hubs. Clear as mud?

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Can you confirm the transfer case is in neutral by having the engine running then putting it in gear to make sure it does not move?

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I will double check that for sure but just so i understand, if the transfer case is in neutral and i'm in 1st gear and i give it gas; the engine should just rev and we should not move anyplace. if by chance we DO move, does that mean the transfer case is bad?

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not necessarily, mine has a hard time shifting between 4low and sometimes it just takes a bit of playing with to get it into the right spot.

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
We messed with it some more and got it to work. I remember seeing a youtube video where he adjusted the linkage to make it shift easier. I may try that. Thanks