ooooooooooo

Transfer case fill bolt leaking?

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
HI I noticed gear lube leaking from the transfer case fill bolt. The bolt is tight. Has anyone else noticed this? The bolt also looks like lt's not threaded in all the way. Strange??

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I haven't heard anything, I thought mine was leaking, then I realized I didn't tighten it enough:rolleyes:

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Get a wrench on it. Worst case add Teflon tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atomus

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
HI I noticed gear lube leaking from the transfer case fill bolt. The bolt is tight. Has anyone else noticed this? The bolt also looks like lt's not threaded in all the way. Strange??
Mine was leaking as well my solution was Teflon. After running it a few more miles it appeared to have worked.
*edit* as AZROX said I took off the Teflon and used what he said.*

20220918_165351.jpg 20221126_175336.jpg

Last edited:

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
While Teflon tape will work, over time oil / fuel will break it down. Bits and pieces can start floating in the fluid and maybe clog a filter screen.

Not so applicable for the Roxor manual transmission. But think about fuel lines and automatic transmissions.

Permatex 80019 Aviation Sealant is a nice product. It is a liquid you can apply to threads (on fuel lines, fill / drain plugs) or gaskets. Inside the lid is a fine brush. 4oz will last a lifetime and cost about $10.