ooooooooooo

Trailer Wire Harness

Hammer

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Has anyone installed a wire harness for trailer?
I would like to tow a little tear drop style trailer ( about 1800 pounds)
Has anybody towed a trailer yet?

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have installed a trailer wire harness.. I did it while I was installing the on the Rox turn signals. I just bought a harness from Walmart and tapped into the wires at the rear taillights. Obviously if you don’t have turn signals wired up, you’re not going to have them on the trailer but the harness from Walmart has each wire labeled where it needs to go. On the Roxor, the right and left turn signal wire is also the brake lights and the running lights will hook to the brown wire.
I made a homemade trailer hitch but don’t have enough confidence in the tounge capacity to pull my trailers anywhere other than around the yard at the moment. I am currently waiting on my dealer to get back to me on the new 2” receiver mount listed on the Roxor accessories. It claims it will handle the full towing capacity of the Roxor.

3B46245E-4DF2-4502-AEAF-BE8ABCE0451B.jpeg 557C107B-4906-4D86-B9F4-F61A67163594.jpeg

B

Bister

I tow a few of mine. I haul my tank of a sled to my shack if I don't feel like riding it down to do some trail grooming . I just don't need any wiring. Don't even know its back there until I'm in snow and it tracks wider. lol

IMG_5193.JPG

IMG_4623.JPG

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I received a survey invite and in return for doing roxor will give you a cap. I did it and it asked what accessories would you like and one if the choices was a trailer wiring harness. I’m betting roxor will release a plug and play harness in the future.

Hammer

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have installed a trailer wire harness.. I did it while I was installing the on the Rox turn signals. I just bought a harness from Walmart and tapped into the wires at the rear taillights. Obviously if you don’t have turn signals wired up, you’re not going to have them on the trailer but the harness from Walmart has each wire labeled where it needs to go. On the Roxor, the right and left turn signal wire is also the brake lights and the running lights will hook to the brown wire.
I made a homemade trailer hitch but don’t have enough confidence in the tounge capacity to pull my trailers anywhere other than around the yard at the moment. I am currently waiting on my dealer to get back to me on the new 2” receiver mount listed on the Roxor accessories. It claims it will handle the full towing capacity of the Roxor.

View attachment 3043View attachment 3044
Thanks for info, I just ordered the On The Rox Turn Signal and was hoping to splice in harness, I didn't know Walmart had them.
I just got my pintle hitch from Roxor and will be mounting that this weekend and she how she handles trailer.
Mahindra states towing restrictions at no greater than 15 mph, I'm guessing do to the fact that they are still calling it an " OFF Road Use Only UTV"
But I don't see any reason it wouldn't haul a little trailer at 50 mph without issue.

Hammer

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I tow a few of mine. I haul my tank of a sled to my shack if I don't feel like riding it down to do some trail grooming . I just don't need any wiring. Don't even know its back there until I'm in snow and it tracks wider. lol

View attachment 3045
View attachment 3046
Great pic's. you definitely use it as a work horse. I plan on hauling little camp trailer on highway so I will need lights & turn signals

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for info, I just ordered the On The Rox Turn Signal and was hoping to splice in harness, I didn't know Walmart had them.
I just got my pintle hitch from Roxor and will be mounting that this weekend and she how she handles trailer.
Mahindra states towing restrictions at no greater than 15 mph, I'm guessing do to the fact that they are still calling it an " OFF Road Use Only UTV"
But I don't see any reason it wouldn't haul a little trailer at 50 mph without issue.
No problem. I used a meter to figure out which wire was what on the Roxor but I’ll look at it when I get home and let you know which one goes where to save you the trouble. I am trying to get my Roxor tagged in Alabama but have high hopes and will be doing some trailer hauling myself. Is your Roxor tagged for your state? FYI, my on the rox turn signal instructions were backwards for hooking up the front turn signals. This will make a lot more Spence once you get them hooked up.

Hammer

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No problem. I used a meter to figure out which wire was what on the Roxor but I’ll look at it when I get home and let you know which one goes where to save you the trouble. I am trying to get my Roxor tagged in Alabama but have high hopes and will be doing some trailer hauling myself. Is your Roxor tagged for your state? FYI, my on the rox turn signal instructions were backwards for hooking up the front turn signals. This will make a lot more Spence once you get them hooked up.
Cool, Thank You. Yes Mine is tagged. In Az you have to have any vehicle ,UTV, Toy, etc. tagged to drive on Any "Marked" Forestry road. Which makes it legal to drive on public roads. Folks around here drive there little side by sides all over the place, it's kinda comical.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Cool, Thank You. Yes Mine is tagged. In Az you have to have any vehicle ,UTV, Toy, etc. tagged to drive on Any "Marked" Forestry road. Which makes it legal to drive on public roads. Folks around here drive there little side by sides all over the place, it's kinda comical.
Man, I wish it were that easy in AL. It’s looking like I’m going to seek legal counsel to get mine tagged. I added a tag light while I was installing the turn signals as well.

5B6508E2-A686-4C7E-B2C6-BF90E80F7F24.jpeg

woodtic

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I installed trailer plug on mine as well. This is what I used.... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005S572FI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 You will need the converter if you use the top bulb as your turn lights. Wire as follows: Brown wire on center bulb is the brake; white wire on center bulb is tail, this is where I spliced in the license plate light as well; driver side top bulb is blue wire for left turn; passenger side top bulb is red wire for right turn. Bumper seemed to be well grounded so any of the bumper bolts make for a good ground.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If you look at my thread about Jeep LED tail lights I talk about how to my LED's work with the roxor and how to install a trailer connector to them without a converter box.

SMH

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy

I just put in a 7 pin trailer wire plug. I will be picking up a 5x8 dump trailer and it has brakes, so I figured I might as well be able to use them.

Jeepish, my XTC harness was backwards as well. Yellow wire on drivers side per instructions forced me to put the switch in upside down. Really tickles my OCD.
20190426_105731.jpg
20190426_105723.jpg

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Please let me know how tagging in Alabama works out. I live down in Clarke Co. and would love to tag mine as well.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just put in a 7 pin trailer wire plug. I will be picking up a 5x8 dump trailer and it has brakes, so I figured I might as well be able to use them.

Jeepish, my XTC harness was backwards as well. Yellow wire on drivers side per instructions forced me to put the switch in upside down. Really tickles my OCD. View attachment 3678View attachment 3679
Sharp looking machine!

Reactions: SMH

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Please let me know how tagging in Alabama works out. I live down in Clarke Co. and would love to tag mine as well.
It appears the only viable option is to go through dirt legal. They can do a full size Florida tag for $2,000. This tag and title will then transfer to Alabama and you’ll be able to renew it every year. You’ll have to get a Florida insurance policy first that meets the minimum requirements for the state. Progressive can do this. The hang up at the dmv is the wording on the title. Says “off road only”. Technically all you’d need to get an Alabama tag is a new title without the off-road wordage. I personally haven’t taken the plunge. Can’t quite bring myself to do it.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It appears the only viable option is to go through dirt legal. They can do a full size Florida tag for $2,000. This tag and title will then transfer to Alabama and you’ll be able to renew it every year. You’ll have to get a Florida insurance policy first that meets the minimum requirements for the state. Progressive can do this. The hang up at the dmv is the wording on the title. Says “off road only”. Technically all you’d need to get an Alabama tag is a new title without the off-road wordage. I personally haven’t taken the plunge. Can’t quite bring myself to do it.
What is the difference between the two different size tags?

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What is the difference between the two different size tags?
The smaller one is a motorcycle plate and I think it’s $500. You’ll have to buy that one every year through dirt legal for $500. You can’t renew it through our state.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The smaller one is a motorcycle plate and I think it’s $500. You’ll have to buy that one every year through dirt legal for $500. You can’t renew it through our state.
Every year! Wow sounds like it would be better finding a Jeep vin the throw on it

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Forgot to mention that the $2,000 full size tag is only available if you’re not financing your Roxor and you have the title.