ooooooooooo

Thar USA?

MaineRox

Does anyone know if Mahindra has ever included (or hinted at including) the Thar in their long term plans for the US? Have they ever flat out said no? As some members have posted on other threads, the improved safety features on the upcoming Thar might make sales in US possible. Maybe?

If it ever was sold here, might you be interested?

It seems that those of us that need a Roxor to have some level of legal street access might be a solid beginning Thar market. For me, it would have to remind one of the older (and cheaper) Jeeps, though, since my 2019 Wrangler isn't going anywhere.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Must be street legal and have solid axles.

Thar

Sorry, the front end will remind you of the Wrangler. Jeep and Wrangler are aspirational brands in India and Mahindra will play to that tune. Since the design has legendary value in India and proven reliability, nobody will see it as a cheap copy of Wrangler even if the design is completely ripped off.

It's basically a bigger Thar with a wider grill, but on Scorpio's platform. I think that next gen all new Scorpio might launch in the USA.

sandyx

Founding Member
Anyone who understands what a real jeep(not Jeep) is will have limited value for the upcoming new gen Thar. What you have now as Roxor is pretty much where the jeep ends. The upcoming one will be a softy IFS bloated SUV that caters to the 'aspirations' of the non-enthusiasts. You would not want that as a replacement for Roxor. Roxor IS Thar DI, and Thar DI is now dead. But next-gen could be seen as a road going SUV which can also handle 'some' rough terrain. But then why would you want that when you can have a base version Jeep for not too much more.

MaineRox

Anyone who understands what a real jeep(not Jeep) is will have limited value for the upcoming new gen Thar. What you have now as Roxor is pretty much where the jeep ends.
OK, I'll bite (but I probably shouldn't). Does that mean my Willys CJ2A is more a real jeep than your Roxor?

sandyx

Founding Member
OK, I'll bite (but I probably shouldn't). Does that mean my Willys CJ2A is more a real jeep than your Roxor?

I said Thar DI(Roxor) is where real jeeps end, NOT begin. So yeah, anything similar up till that does count. Any other production vehicle with similar capabilities and simplicity (ignoring the basic ECU) will also count, but is there any?

Tokarev

So if Thar is becoming more "civilized" and the ROXOR is based on the Thar what does that mean? IFS, etc on future models?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So if Thar is becoming more "civilized" and the ROXOR is based on the Thar what does that mean? IFS, etc on future models?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Thar may be future street legal in the states if they ever start releasing vehicles in the states