- Sep 19, 2018
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Let's accumulate all Thar related posts in this thread. It'll prevent polluting the forum. But it'll also be fun.
The BIGGER part scares me. Hope it won't be a Wranglery debacle.New, BIGGER Mahindra Thar Spied For The First Time, likely to debut at the 2020 Auto EXPO.
Possibilities of the new Thar,
- New-gen Thar could make its debut at Auto Expo 2020
-Likely to be based on a new platform, new Thar should conform with future safety norms
- Likely to retain Jeep CJ5-inspired styling
- Looks significantly wider than the outgoing Thar
-Will get BSVI-compliant diesel engine and with more safety features
- Daily usability is expected to improve with improved seats and additional goodies
- Will continue to rival the Force Gurkha as Maruti is unlikely to bring the new Jimny anytime soon
According to my contacts, the Thar test-mule is just a chassis calibration mule for the upcoming Scorpio and other Mahindra products including the Thar which is still some time away.
It actually is the latest-gen Scorpio's Magna-built chassis that has seen further tweaking for future products. The body is just a mix and match and nothing that will make it to production.